Corsair Community

Zotty's CORSAIR RGB Hardware and iCUE Eco-System FAQ

Zotty

I got two sets of QL120s 3-pack which came with a Lighting Node Core each. I have a 570x case which has a RGB LED Fan hub. I want to run all 6 QL120s and the case (logo) lighting.

Q1. If I get a CoPro can the Node Cores be hooked up to it (via USB connector from Node Core) to run the fans and the hub (via a LED channel) to run the case lighting?

Q2. I'm removing the 3 SP-120s to use in another build I'm planning. If I take the RGB Led Fan hub also, can I hook up the case logo lighting from the Node Core or CoPro?

Thank you.

Edited by lijok
Clarity

Thanks a lot for these information, I'm a first time builder and this is really helpful.

I have a quick question, you mentioned that different types of fans cannot be mixed to a fan hub, but how about lighting node core? Can I connect different types of fans to same lighting node core? And if not, can I get a hub and connect it to node core or do I have to get another node core?

Thanks!

lighting node core follows the same rules as the lighting node pro..

what fans was you planning to mix?

Thanks, so you mean fans cannot be mixed on node core?

I'm planning to mix 3 LL and 3 QL, and I only have node core. I'm also not sure if they can be nicely synced as well.

Thanks, so you mean fans cannot be mixed on node core?

I'm planning to mix 3 LL and 3 QL, and I only have node core. I'm also not sure if they can be nicely synced as well.

Put the QL first.

Configure the channel as QL.

1 QL == 2 LL (approximately)

It'll work (it'll all light up) but effects will be off and wonky. And you won't be able to control the LL fans as LL fans. Sequential effects will be goofy AF. Channel affects will be truly bizarre. But everything *will* light up. (Note: you can't say this about the SP-RGB)

Great write up indeed!

I'm running 11 Ml120s on Commander pro by splitters, that would net below 3.5A if I did the math correct.

However, I'm planning on doing the same for the RGB Led HUB or that would draw much more then it's rated for? I couldn't find the technical specs for it sadly.

Cool, thanks for the heads up, thankfully I do have 3 of them that came with the MLs.

I got the Repeater, I've had issues with other brands they tend to make the fans spin on full speed.

Again, thanks for the prompt response!

So I currently have 9 QL fans all set up with the LNC (x2) and commander pro. My question is do I unplug 2 of the QL fans and connect them with my h100i platinum se white cooler? If I do then I would remove them from both the LNC and the Commander pro and connect them to the AIO. But would they still be controlled in icue? My main goal is to have everything connected and operating through icue. Please help, maybe a diagram if possible. Thanks so much!

Hi buddy.. i Assume you mean for Fan Control? (make them spin)

if so

yes i would suggest you do this so it insures correct operation of your cooling system regardless of OS/Sorftware/other hardware.

and yes iCUE will be able to control the H100i's fans

this sort of thing

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en//Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Carbide-678C-6-port-PWM-Repeater/p/CC-8900355

used like this

http://i.imgur.com/qc0FjKIl.png

(click the image for full res)

this would give you control of all 6 fans from the H150i Tab in iCUE. all 6 fans would appear as one single fan in icue.

this sort of thing

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en//Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Carbide-678C-6-port-PWM-Repeater/p/CC-8900355

used like this

http://i.imgur.com/qc0FjKIl.png

(click the image for full res)

this would give you control of all 6 fans from the H150i Tab in iCUE. all 6 fans would appear as one single fan in icue.

thank you ;):

I have 6 LL120s (3 front, 2 top, 1 rear) connected to a lightning node core, specifically the one built in to the 465x case. I'm trying to orient my 2 top fans to flip them 180 degrees but changing the rotations for these two fans in Lighting Setup doesn't seem to actually change it no matter where I set the fans orientation. For example I have a blue/pink profile and I want blue on bottom half pink on top half of fans. Since the top 2 fans are exhaust and from the top you see the reverse side of the fans I want to flip those fans because currently blue is on top. The lighting channel seems to indicate it has been flipped for those fans but physically I can't see it.

I have set iCue to tell it that it has 6 LL120 fans connected. I'm not sure if this makes a difference but the top and rear fans are white, the preinstalled fans in the case are black (as in the....fans no the LEDs).

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Can someone help an old guy configure his new Lian Li Lancool 2 case ARGB leds to work with iQue instead of Mystic Light from my mother board?

The Lian Li Lancool 2 case has built in ARGB on the front of the case. The led's are contained in two separate strips with 19 LEDs each for a total of 38 leds. They are both plugged into an included controller that is wired to the two buttons on the case (1 for motion, 1 for color). The controller also has two other wires. One male ARGB 3 pin (4 socket with pin 3 blanked out) for connection to an optional LED strip sold by Lian Li. The other wire is a female ARGB 3 pin (4 socket with socket 3 blanked out) to be used for plugging into a motherboard ARGB connector like the MSI JRAINBOW. Per the case instructions, when I cycle thru the M button 8 times, that 8th position will active the connection to the motherboard to control the case LEDs. However I have an MSI board and don't want to use Mystic Light.

I've just purchased two of the Corsair QL120 triple packs so I'll have 2 Lighting Node Cores. I plan to use one for all 6 fans along with the fan headers on my motherboard. I would like to find out if I can use the other LNC to control the case ARGB led strips that I described above with iCue.

I think I can use adapters from Piratedog Tech and I've sent them an inquiry as well. I understand that if the fans and strips are controlled by 2 different LNCs, I won't be able to sync them automatically, but iQUE should let me get it pretty close.

I'm also open to purchase a Commander Pro if it would enable this functionality.

Thank you in advance for making such great products.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of getting a new case and 10 QL120 fans.

Now in the top post's description of the QL fans it says the following:

If Using 6 QL Fans on the Lighting Node Pro. you can not have anything on the Lighting Node Pro's other Rgb Channel.
Is the same also true for the RGB Channels of the Commander Pro or can the Commander Pro light up to 12 QL fans (with two RGB Fan Hubs)?

I'm trying to figure out if I'll get by with my current Commander Pro or need to get an additional one (or Lighting Node Core) to light up all 10 QL fans.