Corsair Community

RGB CONTROLLER HUB for RGB HD140 RGB fan

zamansf

Hi all. I am in UK and need help.

Hi. I bought Corsair HD140 fans thinking they will just connect to the motherboard directly. After receiving it i can see that although one wire will connect to my Msi mpg x570 gaming edge wifi motherboard but that won't allow the motherboard to control the led lights in the fan. I now bought the coursair rgb hub seeing an youtub video where the other rgb wire from the fan will connect to this hun and from the hub another wire can connect directly to the motherboard jcoursair pins on the motherboard. Now that i have received the coursair rgb controller it didn't come with the wire that connect to motherboard. Can you please tell me how and where i get this from?

Edited by zamansf

Hi dude. I am having exactly the same problem. I bought the 2 pack of 140MM fans and the single 120mm fan. The 2 pack comes with the Lighting Node PRO which was missing a cable. The cable I am missing is the Mini-USB to 9 pin which connects from the Lighting Node PRO to the motherboards USB 2.0 header. I have contacted Corsair about this to which the response literally was:

"Hi Casza,

These spares are currently out of stock; and I don't have an ETA.

Regards"

So no help from Corsair. I then contacted Amazon who offered me a partial refund of £10 so that I could buy the cable myself. This would be fine for me, only problem being that I cannot find this cable ANYWHERE. So as it stands, I now have 3 non-RGB case fans, they are louder than the fans I was using previously and I'm over £70 down in pocket. So basically I have spent £70 for louder fans.

I'm not quite sure what recourse I have for this, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated :).

Hi dude. I am having exactly the same problem. I bought the 2 pack of 140MM fans and the single 120mm fan. The 2 pack comes with the Lighting Node PRO which was missing a cable. The cable I am missing is the Mini-USB to 9 pin which connects from the Lighting Node PRO to the motherboards USB 2.0 header. I have contacted Corsair about this to which the response literally was:

"Hi Casza,

These spares are currently out of stock; and I don't have an ETA.

Regards"

So no help from Corsair. I then contacted Amazon who offered me a partial refund of £10 so that I could buy the cable myself. This would be fine for me, only problem being that I cannot find this cable ANYWHERE. So as it stands, I now have 3 non-RGB case fans, they are louder than the fans I was using previously and I'm over £70 down in pocket. So basically I have spent £70 for louder fans.

I'm not quite sure what recourse I have for this, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated :).

Dude ... different problem and you've already posted this (and gotten an answer) on a different thread. There's really no need to hijack someone else's thread.

Hi all. I am in UK and need help.

Hi. I bought Corsair HD140 fans thinking they will just connect to the motherboard directly. After receiving it i can see that although one wire will connect to my Msi mpg x570 gaming edge wifi motherboard but that won't allow the motherboard to control the led lights in the fan. I now bought the coursair rgb hub seeing an youtub video where the other rgb wire from the fan will connect to this hun and from the hub another wire can connect directly to the motherboard jcoursair pins on the motherboard. Now that i have received the coursair rgb controller it didn't come with the wire that connect to motherboard. Can you please tell me how and where i get this from?

For the HD fans, you have two options. One is with a Lighting Node Pro - this comes with 4 packs of strips - or a Commander Pro. The other is to get the HD Push Button Controller.

None of the Corsair RGB will connect directly to the motherboard without an adapter from a third party. Corsair doesn't provide one and they have never advertised or mentioned that they do connect to the motherboard. Now, if you do get the 3rd party adapter, you'll also need a Fan Hub Cable (available from the same seller) to connect the adapter to the fan hub. Or, if you are handy with crimpers, you can make the adapters - part numbers are listed in a post that's linked in my signature.

Dude ... different problem and you've already posted this (and gotten an answer) on a different thread. There's really no need to hijack someone else's thread.

1. It is the exact same problem of a missing wire.

2. I posted this comment before I posted my own thread, I wasn't planning to post my own thread but since I had already posted this comment I decided to.

3. It is not hijacking when we need the same solution :)

Thanks for the useless input though.

1. It is the exact same problem of a missing wire.

No, it's not. This person needs a controller that was never supposed to be in the items that he/she bought. You were missing something that should have been there.

2. I posted this comment before I posted my own thread, I wasn't planning to post my own thread but since I had already posted this comment I decided to.

Shoulda just posted your own thread.

3. It is not hijacking when we need the same solution :)

You don't need the same solution. You both need completely different solutions.

Thanks for the useless input though.

Check out my reply to your actual post, which has the solution for you and is completely different from the solution for this user.

Well guys. I got the hub but nned the wire that connect to jcorsair1 pins. I have seen one in overclockers but out of stock : https://www.overclockers.co.uk/corsair-jcorsair-rgb-cable-for-msi-motherboards-fg-077-cs.html

I think this is the wire i need.

My signature has a link to a post that has all the part numbers to make your own cable. What you need is 3-pin female to 3-pin female. Only 2 wires actually need to be connected (pin 2 and pin 3). Pin 1 (with the arrow) can be left blank.

You can also get the cables from https://www.ebay.com/str/piratedogtech. It'd be a fan hub cable.