Corsair Community

Looking for a new case (case suggestion)

Z.S

I am looking for a new case with 360mm radiator support in the top whilst having support for 420mm radiator in the front (because I want to build a custom loop and was waiting for Corsair to enter the custom loop market so I could use iCUE on the RGB CPU/GPU blocks ands sync them with my RGB Light Loop fans and my RGB strips RGB RAM and Corsair peripherals because I have so many Corsair RGB products that I wouldn't be able to sync the custom loop to the rest of my stuff as it would need another software) and really like the look of the Corsair Obsidian Series 500D as I want a front tempered glass piece instead of a metal front piece or whatever (but with less restrictive airflow) and was wondering if you guys could release a full tower version of the Obsidian Series 500D. I mean the 500D was released as a replacement to the Obsidian Series 450D and there has been no recent full tower case releases from Corsair (I mean the most recent full tower case I remember you releasing was the Carbide Series Clear 600C/Carbide Series Quiet 600Q (released in like 2015 or 2016 if I recall correctly) which are technically the same case one just doesn't have a windowed side panel door on it and has sound dampening foam inside the panels) Edited by Z.S

(I mean the most recent full tower case I remember you releasing was the Carbide Series Clear 600C/Carbide Series Quiet 600Q (released in like 2015 or 2016 if I recall correctly)

1000d can hold a 420 in the front.. and a couple of 360's up top... or the other way around...

[ame]

[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...
1000d can hold a 420 in the front.. and a couple of 360's up top... or the other way around...

Obsidian 1000D is WAY TOO BIG It is meant for dual systems and a ton of storage I just want a custom loop with a dual GPU setup and space for a couple of 360 rads in the case not a case that has like 4 GPU's 2 systems and like 20TB or more of storage

I mean the Obsidian 500D was a replacement for the Obsidian 450D and the Obsidian 1000D was a replacement for the Obsidian 900D but I was looking for a full tower not a super tower so basically just a case that is a replacement for the Obsidian 750D as that had 3x120mm support for the front and top at the same time the 500D could have had 3x120mm support maybe for the front and top together because the 450D had a 3x120mm for the top and 2x140mm for the front and it also had 2 drive bays in the front taking up some of the vertical space so it could have probably fit 360 in the front and the top at the same time and if not then the case could have been slightly enlarged by like half an inch for the depth and height to make the space

Edited by Z.S

You asked for a 360mm top and 420mm front radiator support. Whatever you get, is going to be big. Yes, the 1000D is monstrous. However, anything else that can accommodate those sizes is also going to massive to point where +15mm here or there is no longer important. Once upon a time there would have a been an easy place to go to find cases like this, but they are no longer in business. There are no other Corsair cases capable of handling those specific requirements. I can think of 1 or 2 others, but be warned... if you shrink the case by 6 inches on all sides and still claim it can support the same radiator capacity, that means something has to go to fit those things. If you are trying to squeeze this thing in somewhere, well then size is critical. For just about anything else, consider all of the case features, flexibility, and any further expansion plans.

You asked for a 360mm top and 420mm front radiator support. Whatever you get, is going to be big. Yes, the 1000D is monstrous. However, anything else that can accommodate those sizes is also going to massive to point where +15mm here or there is no longer important. Once upon a time there would have a been an easy place to go to find cases like this, but they are no longer in business. There are no other Corsair cases capable of handling those specific requirements. I can think of 1 or 2 others, but be warned... if you shrink the case by 6 inches on all sides and still claim it can support the same radiator capacity, that means something has to go to fit those things. If you are trying to squeeze this thing in somewhere, well then size is critical. For just about anything else, consider all of the case features, flexibility, and any further expansion plans.

I want a large case that is basically a full tower not a super tower the 1000D can do 2 rows of radiators in the front and top and can do fans/radiators in the bottom and the rear I just want 3x120 in the front and top and maybe a 3x140 max not a case that can do up to 8x120/140 fans in the front

Don't get too hung up on the words "Super tower" or "full size tower". They have no definition and do not indicate the utility of the product. As for the current Corsair offerings that fit your requirements, there is just one and I don't know how else to explain that. If you are looking for Corsair to make you a bespoke case or are lobbying them to build a product line to meet your standards, I suggest contacting them directly.

Obsidian 1000D is WAY TOO BIG It is meant for dual systems and a ton of storage I just want a custom loop with a dual GPU setup and space for a couple of 360 rads in the case not a case that has like 4 GPU's 2 systems and like 20TB or more of storage

+1

1000d is too big for me, 500d is too small for custom water cooling systems. Need something in between

Edited by Clublife