The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2016, 04:33 PM
Sigoshi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 881984
Sigoshi Reputation: 10
Default HD120/SP120 Modding (if allowed)

Hey all!

I created this account with the initial intention of posting about modifications to the RGB system for the SP120 and HD120 LED fans. After tinkering with each of them for a bit and studying their controllers, I've figured out some of the workings of each one, and as far as modification goes, can (and intend to) get a software controller working for the HD120s.

If Corsair is fine with it (considering that the whole point of the system is to be used with the specific controllers, and use with another controller can easily damage the LEDs and void the warranty), I'd like to post my findings and work here so that others can build their own custom control solution for the HD120 fans (or maybe figure out that one spec of the SP120s that i don't have the tools to figure out).

I'll start actual content with this disclaimer in the meantime- If corsair doesn't put their foot down on this thread and I do continue to upload information about controlling the fans, understand that if anyone who attempts to replicate the procedures posted here does so at their own risk- the LEDs can be damaged quite easily. Constructing or using a controller other than the provided one for your fans can do this damage, and neither I nor Corsair will be liable if that does happen.

So before I do start uploading my projects, If any Corsair rep objects to this posting, speak now or... just ban me later I suppose.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 881986
red-ray Reputation: 81

Given there is http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131660 then I suspect Corsair won't have an issue.

I advise you to post it and if they don't like it they will remove the post. I suspect Corsair are unlikely to comment 'till you post.

Old 01-13-2017, 10:34 PM
Doer of Things and Stuff
Charixfox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 886549
Charixfox Reputation: 19

Over a month later and no followup. This makes me a sad fox.

Well, here's hoping that I find the specs on the LEDs somewhere on the internet so I don't have to redo all the same things that other people have done already.

If the OP finds the time to post his LED and control findings, I'll be greatly appreciative.

Old 01-14-2017, 04:36 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 886588
red-ray Reputation: 81
Thumbs down No software control for Corsair RGB fans is poor

Looking at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162617 the Corsair LED fans need +5 volts rather than the +12 volts that the CL Mini supplies.

I too am wondering if this can be made to work and posted http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162626.

Old 03-16-2018, 02:31 AM
Sigoshi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 944992

Well, not to necro my own thread or anything, after a full year of my life being too damn busy to work on anything, I now have time to actually work on this! I'm going to be running HD rgb and SP rgb fans through a logic analyzer soon, and hopefully can get my hands on an LL to test it out too. This is literally the next project on my chopping block, so I promise I won't abandon it this time!

Old 03-16-2018, 08:18 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945012
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Check out http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=165029.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:05 AM
Sigoshi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 945147

ah, okay! good to see that this has been done already! thank you.

Old 03-24-2018, 03:29 PM
Doer of Things and Stuff
Charixfox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946334
Charixfox Reputation: 19

You're welcome!