Corsair Community

Launching Icue to get profiles to work then shutting down

ChrisBedford

So the issue I have is that icue wont do its profiles unless I load up the program but that's not the problem when I shut it iicue down the profiles remain active.

So the question is how do I get my pc to load up icue on startup AND shut itself down or to just load up the profile on startup without launching icue? Hope that makes sense! :D:

I am not sure I quite understand. In order to use profiles linked to specific applications, iCUE must be running. You can’t have software responsive actions without the software.

If you are referring to switching between the linked profile and your default profile, the default profile is the top one on your list — except .exe linked profiles cannot be your default profile and neither can hardware (HW) profiles. Linked profiles are focus based and they will flip-flop back and forth as you gain/lose focus.

It doesn't work like that. The software is not loading profiles into the keyboard. That is how it works when there is no software and it limits what you can do. It appears you have a K95 Platinum. It has three on-board hardware profiles referred to in iCUE as K95P HW1, HW2, HW3. Those hardware profiles are a edit/save mechanism for the keyboard's internal memory. It is set-up this way because the HW profiles will prevent you from trying to save features to the board it cannot do. Obviously the capabilities are higher when using the full system resources versus the tiny little chip tucked into the board.

If you just have the keyboard, no other iCUE devices, and don't need a lot of complex actions or custom lighting, you can save whatever three profiles you want through the HW1-HW3 save slots, then set the software not to run. If you are utilizing the advanced features, complex lighting, or do need it for other devices, then the HW profiles are just something to look at while Windows boots up and you can set it accordingly. When iCUE is running, only the software profiles (everything else except the three HW profiles) are in control, with the top listed software profile your "default". Whatever you drag to the top of the list will your default. I suspect you have the same lighting for your current HW and top software profile.

thankyou for your help but I think your not understanding. I know it doesn't load into my keyboard profiles im talking about when I launch the program and then close its keeps the icue profile. Why does it keep it when you've shut it down and is there a way to just load the profile of icue without having to launch it and then shut it down? I could keep icue loaded but I don't have too because the profile remains when I shut down icue. ???