Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2017, 04:48 PM
xldeane's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920488
xldeane Reputation: 10
Default 570X which fans top ??

Hi Guys,
Im not one to moan but did anyone really plan this case out before it was fabricated??
No PSU shrould-
Cable management (access holes) leaves a lot to be desired.
Circuit board for 3.5 HD on show. Put some spacers between bay and case then HD can be fitted the correct way round.

The top of the case... Whats going on ?? Am I missing something ? This case comes with a Control unit to control 6 fans. Its says on the Corsair website..

Cooling Layout:
Front: 3 x 120mm or 2 x 140mm
TOP: 2 x 120 /140mm
Rear: 1 x 120mm

The Top doesnt quite work out or do I have wrong part fitted ?
Please see below. Both 120mm and 140mm fixing holes line up, but the fans arent even center to top of case ?? Why would you want them fitted off center ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 120 &140 out.JPG (737.9 KB, 1741 views)
File Type: jpg 140 PIST.JPG (860.8 KB, 1496 views)
File Type: jpg both WTF.JPG (396.8 KB, 2312 views)
File Type: jpg 140 WTF.JPG (897.2 KB, 1715 views)
File Type: jpg 2x140 top.JPG (469.5 KB, 2188 views)

Old 09-19-2017, 01:39 PM
Banned
Corsair Blake's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920549
Corsair Blake Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by xldeane View Post
Hi Guys,
No PSU shrould-
Cable management (access holes) leaves a lot to be desired.
Thank you for your feedback! We'll look into it for future products.

Quote:
Circuit board for 3.5 HD on show. Put some spacers between bay and case then HD can be fitted the correct way round.
The reasoning for this was to ensure that the HDDs did not overheat. We designed it so that the cage has the best airflow. We'll see what we can do in future cases.

Quote:
The top of the case... Whats going on ?? Am I missing something ? This case comes with a Control unit to control 6 fans. Its says on the Corsair website..
That control unit is to control fan LIGHTING. It controls both SP120 RGB and HD120/HD140 RGB fans. The three button controller is the lighting mode, color change, and mode speed (rate of flashing / transition). This is all covered in the manual.

Quote:
The Top doesnt quite work out or do I have wrong part fitted ?
Please see below. Both 120mm and 140mm fixing holes line up, but the fans arent even center to top of case ?? Why would you want them fitted off center ?
The offset is to allow for the fans to fit and to prevent hitting memory. This has been an issue in the past with earlier generation of cases, where if you wanted to have tall ram and a radiator with fans on top, they would get in the way of each other. We fixed that by going with this positioning and allows users the freedom to do both. Yes, we understand this prevent proper alignment with the front fans, but we wanted to give our users more options and the capability to install the components they want. This was a highly requested feature for the past couple of years.

If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns, let us know.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:10 PM
xldeane's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920556

Hi
So why didnt you guys just make the case 15-20mm taller. That would have sorted all this out and the fan / memory situation...wouldnt have been a situation. Or better still, have 2 different cut outs. Similar to the fan holder configeration you have at the moment but have one for a rad to be fitted the other one with central holes for fans ?? You sell them in the shop ???

xl....out

Last edited by xldeane; 09-19-2017 at 02:46 PM.

Old 09-21-2017, 11:17 AM
wayneh85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920717
wayneh85 Reputation: 10

I am extremely disappointed so far in this case, yes it looks gorgeous but when you start to add fans to it, then it turns into a bit of a nightmare. I bought the corsair h115i pump thinking it would fit, one fan does but the other wont as the case is too small, as said before a few more mm would not of hurt and would of rectified this problem. I am just hoping my CPU will be ok with just one fan working. As i have not had the case in use and all the film is still on the glass panels i would still consider sending the case back as I find this unsatisfactory for a case that costs 175 pounds!!!!

Old 09-21-2017, 12:17 PM
Banned
Corsair Blake's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920722
Corsair Blake Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneh85 View Post
I am extremely disappointed so far in this case, yes it looks gorgeous but when you start to add fans to it, then it turns into a bit of a nightmare. I bought the corsair h115i pump thinking it would fit, one fan does but the other wont as the case is too small, as said before a few more mm would not of hurt and would of rectified this problem. I am just hoping my CPU will be ok with just one fan working. As i have not had the case in use and all the film is still on the glass panels i would still consider sending the case back as I find this unsatisfactory for a case that costs 175 pounds!!!!
Where have you installed your radiator? We've installed H115is in our builds with no issues.

Post up a picture of your setup.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:12 PM
xldeane's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920921

I thought I was going to enjoy using this case for a new build, but Im not, I have changed fans twice and still got to figure a way to get my 360 rad fitted to front... I feel some threaded rod coming on...

xl.......out

Old 09-25-2017, 08:48 PM

POST ID # = 921171
rig-monkey Reputation: 10

Quote:
I thought I was going to enjoy using this case for a new build, but Im not, I have changed fans twice and still got to figure a way to get my 360 rad fitted to front... I feel some threaded rod coming on...

xl.......out
How did you go with your build?

As far as I could see you can only put it on the front if you move the front fans to the top & rear.

Which is a bit pointless, considering you buy the case to show off the fans at the front.

It's a real let down, hopefully they hear our feedback and make changes.

Here's my experience, I was quite generous in my review:
https://blog.londrigan.com/gaming-pc...ries-570x-rgb/

Old 09-27-2017, 01:30 AM
xldeane's PC Specs

POST ID # = 921311
Default Just starting out

Quote:
Originally Posted by rig-monkey View Post
How did you go with your build?

As far as I could see you can only put it on the front if you move the front fans to the top & rear.
Which is a bit pointless, considering you buy the case to show off the fans at the front.
It's a real let down, hopefully they hear our feedback and make changes.
Here's my experience, I was quite generous in my review:
https://blog.londrigan.com/gaming-pc...ries-570x-rgb/
Thats a lovely looking machine rig- monkey

Im going to mount a 360 rad to front with 3 X HD120 RGB fans to front (Inside). 3 X SP120 on the inside.With the rad in the middle. Rad holes tapped out to 4mm to take the weight, 3mm not strong enough . Loads of room.

2 X HD 120 RGB on top (not outside though :). All sucking in fresh air inwards..1 X HD120 RGB on the rear as exhaust fan. PSU inverted sucking from underneath blowing out the rear... Should hold Positive pressure although there are lots of vents between glass and case..Plus positive pressure keeps the dust and crap out...

xl....out

Old 09-27-2017, 08:54 AM
Speedbreaker12's PC Specs

POST ID # = 921337
Speedbreaker12 Reputation: 17

Quote:
Thats a lovely looking machine rig- monkey

Im going to mount a 360 rad to front with 3 X HD120 RGB fans to front (Inside). 3 X SP120 on the inside.With the rad in the middle. Rad holes tapped out to 4mm to take the weight, 3mm not strong enough . Loads of room.

2 X HD 120 RGB on top (not outside though :). All sucking in fresh air inwards..1 X HD120 RGB on the rear as exhaust fan. PSU inverted sucking from underneath blowing out the rear... Should hold Positive pressure although there are lots of vents between glass and case..Plus positive pressure keeps the dust and crap out...

xl....out
I would love to see how you do that. :) I had to install the 240mm radiator front bottom because there was no way (even though it looks like there is plenty of room) to get the tubes beneath the top fans. 22070419_1884071054943009_2118981220_o.jpg

Old 09-27-2017, 12:49 PM
xldeane's PC Specs

POST ID # = 921377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbreaker12 View Post
I would love to see how you do that. :) I had to install the 240mm radiator front bottom because there was no way (even though it looks like there is plenty of room) to get the tubes beneath the top fans. Attachment 31247
I have measured it precisely (within 5mm ) I can get it in not a problem, just a little bit of adjustment to be made and if that fails ill get my power file out with some 40 grit that can solve any fabrication problem

xl...out

Old 09-27-2017, 01:12 PM

POST ID # = 921378

Quote:
I have measured it precisely (within 5mm ) I can get it in not a problem, just a little bit of adjustment to be made and if that fails ill get my power file out with some 40 grit that can solve any fabrication problem

xl...out
I have my fingers crossed and hope it works out for you. I also thought at first it wouldn't be a problem and had my rig planned out this way. It might have worked with a lot of force and with the tubes pressing against the top fans the whole time. Check out the pic, the part where the tubes come out of the radiator are on the same height as the top fans and the tubes are way too stiff to bend them this angle. I mean not without a lot of force on them all the time. Pump.jpg
I really wonder why it's so hard for corsair to just give you a few extra centimeters so you can install everything. I love the look of the case, but the cable managment and installation was a huge pain in the a.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:46 PM
xldeane's PC Specs

POST ID # = 921383
Default They Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbreaker12 View Post
I have my fingers crossed and hope it works out for you. I also thought at first it wouldn't be a problem and had my rig planned out this way. It might have worked with a lot of force and with the tubes pressing against the top fans the whole time. Check out the pic, the part where the tubes come out of the radiator are on the same height as the top fans and the tubes are way too stiff to bend them this angle. I mean not without a lot of force on them all the time. Attachment 31251
I really wonder why it's so hard for corsair to just give you a few extra centimeters so you can install everything. I love the look of the case, but the cable managment and installation was a huge pain in the a.

Gentlemen... Speedbreaker had me doubting myself so I rigged these up and took some photos.. Its fits with 5-10mm gap, 120 on top Fractal Design S360 Cooling unit

Phewww

xl...out

Old 09-27-2017, 02:12 PM

POST ID # = 921386

awesome! Really glad it worked for you! The tubes on the H100i are much stiffer, there is no way to bend them like so close to the connection! Maybe next time I go for fractal design too

Old 09-27-2017, 04:13 PM

POST ID # = 921399
rig-monkey Reputation: 10

Hehe is that coolant I see? Did your cooler get so excited it wee a lil? :P

Old 09-27-2017, 06:48 PM
xldeane's PC Specs

POST ID # = 921412

Quote:
Originally Posted by rig-monkey View Post
Hehe is that coolant I see? Did your cooler get so excited it wee a lil? :P
LOL You got me doubting myself.. that was blind panic putting that lot in. Fans are only held in by 2 screws each, I have to take them all out again clean and fit properly :)

xl....out