The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2020, 08:28 AM

POST ID # = 1040894
luxor100 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FAN View Post
To have the older driver version please follow the steps below.

1. Open your computer's Control Panel.
2. Open the Programs and Features options.
3. Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall.
4. Open your Start menu and type "Run". Then open the Run option.
5. Type Regedit and then click OK.
6. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine
7. Right-click and delete the folder.
8. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine
9. Right-click and delete the folder.
10. Restart your computer.
11. Download the lower installer file for iCUE from
http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/C...77_release.msi and reinstall.
12. Once finished installing, reboot your computer.

Then just start the update for the mouse. Then the mouse may fail. USB Wireless Receiver Pairing, do this. Again delete the old ICUE software completely according to the instructions above. Install the new ICUE software and do not update the mouse.
Actually the iCUESetup_3.18.77 doesn't work on my pc and after the installation of this software and the reinstallation of 3.27.68 release (the actually latest version) the mouse works correctly, but after 2-3 days the issues come back. Another Solution?

Old 04-18-2020, 04:19 AM

POST ID # = 1041832
mikado9 Reputation: 10

just created an account to tell you that i have exact the same annoying problem since the last software update. will try the steps as a workaround - but corsair plz fix this with high priority!

Old 04-18-2020, 05:14 AM

POST ID # = 1041838

update: just did all steps - problem even exists when there only is windows std drivers and no corsair software installed . i blew some air between the buttons and now its kinda better - seems to be a mechanical problem...

Old 04-19-2020, 10:10 AM

POST ID # = 1042004
duckiofdeath Reputation: 10

Blowing high pressure air into the left button doesn't seem to do anything for me. Maybe a bit fewer accidental double clicks, but that could be a placebo.

Old 04-20-2020, 06:50 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1042245
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Does the issue go away when you lower your polling rate for Harpoon Wireless? Also, do you have any other Corsair or non-Corsair Wireless devices connected?

Old 04-21-2020, 03:12 AM

POST ID # = 1042301
Finerdly Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
Does the issue go away when you lower your polling rate for Harpoon Wireless? Also, do you have any other Corsair or non-Corsair Wireless devices connected?
Answering your questions as another user with the identical issue:
I didn't try lowering the polling rate because I already had the issue solved before reading this by installing the old versions listed below.
I have no additional Corsair wireless stuff - but the Microsoft Sculpt Wireless Keyboard and a Bluetooth Dongle for Bluetooth Audio. The Harpoon is connected via 2.4Ghz, not Bluetooth.

How I solved the issue:
So I had exactly the same "occasional double click" issue. It happened way too often to just be easily ignored. Which applications I was using did not matter at all, seems to be a general problem.

Problematic iCUE:
3.27.68 and the firmware included - don't know anymore what versions they were.

Good ol' working iCUE:

Dongle: 0.5.49
Firmware: 0.6.70

So to be clear: I completely uninstalled the problematic iCUE version first and then installed the working iCUE 3.18.77
Then I just downgraded the Dongle and Firmware version by using the standard "Firmware update" feature. Then I did the "USB Wireless Receiver Pairing" again to make it work wirelessly.

And now everything is working great again :) No unwanted double clicks!

Last edited by Finerdly; 04-21-2020 at 04:16 AM.

Old 04-21-2020, 03:35 PM

POST ID # = 1042429

changing polling does nothing and yes i also have a toggle with K57 rgb wirless keyboard. its not a problem of wirless - i ve the same issues if both devices are connected with usb and toggles unplugged.
like all others said - all worked fine before the update - my devices are 4 months old - not the quality i expected from corsair..

i was not able to install the old software version - can you please provide a soltuion as its clearly not a user fault?

like i said blowing air between the buttons helped a little bit - dont want to go to my local dealer and start a discussion if the mouse is working or not...

Old 04-25-2020, 03:59 AM
Pieloth's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1042957
Pieloth Reputation: 10

I experience the same issue here: double click action on one left mouse click
The wrong double click happens about 1 time every 10 mouse clicks

I have Mouse firmware 1.9.85, latest iCue

This happens in Wireless, USB cable and bluetooth connectivity, so it looks like a mouse issue, which is the common point of all 3 connection types

@Corsair: What's next action? I did not yet open a support ticket for this

Old 04-25-2020, 10:02 PM
HOODedAssault's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1043079
HOODedAssault HOODedAssault Reputation: 139

I had this and k63 in my cart when I found this issue... Not sure what to do now.

Would installing the previous version of the software right from installing the mouse resolve the issue ? Really want the k63 keyboard and want my mouse to match...

Last edited by HOODedAssault; 04-25-2020 at 10:15 PM.

Old 04-26-2020, 04:41 AM
Pieloth's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1043117
Default Possible turnaround to double click issue?

Following my yesterday post, and seeing so many people impacted, I understood the issue was the mouse software 1.9.85, and not hardware (I was about to trash this mouse!)
Surprisingly, I made this mouse update a while back, the issue did not start immediately but after a few weeks of use with no issue (that's why I suspected a HW problem)

But after doing the action explained below, the double click issue seems to have gone! At least for now…
Looks like some kind of memory leak or buffer overflow triggering the issue after some time of use… Time will tell

So what I did is simply a forced reload of the 1.9.85 mouse software:
- unplug the dongle
- plug the mouse with USB cable
- iCUE latest 3.28.70
- Settings tab, then perform a force load of the 1.9.85 mouse software.

By doing this, mouse gets completly rebooted and restarted, all internal memory seems to be cleaned up

For me after a day of use, no other double click reappeared, but as said, it may come back after some time

It would be interesting to share here your own feedback, if you give it a try

@Corsair: in the meantime, could you please forward this info to devs, I hope this may help troubleshooting

Old 04-26-2020, 10:34 AM

POST ID # = 1043157
yungdevilmane Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieloth View Post
Following my yesterday post, and seeing so many people impacted, I understood the issue was the mouse software 1.9.85, and not hardware (I was about to trash this mouse!)
Surprisingly, I made this mouse update a while back, the issue did not start immediately but after a few weeks of use with no issue (that's why I suspected a HW problem)

But after doing the action explained below, the double click issue seems to have gone! At least for now…
Looks like some kind of memory leak or buffer overflow triggering the issue after some time of use… Time will tell

- unplug the dongle
- iCUE latest 3.28.70

By doing this, mouse gets completly rebooted and restarted, all internal memory seems to be cleaned up

For me after a day of use, no other double click reappeared, but as said, it may come back after some time

@Corsair: in the meantime, could you please forward this info to devs, I hope this may help troubleshooting
I followed your steps and now it's double clicking 99% of the time and some times triple clicking for some reason

Old 04-26-2020, 12:02 PM
Pieloth's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1043169

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungdevilmane View Post
I followed your steps and now it's double clicking 99% of the time and some times triple clicking for some reason
So really confusing indeed
After the reload yesterday, I couldn't get a single double click event, whatever configuration dongle, cable, Bluetooth, or refresh frequency

Old 04-26-2020, 01:43 PM

POST ID # = 1043183
yungdevilmane Reputation: 10

Quote:
So really confusing indeed
After the reload yesterday, I couldn't get a single double click event, whatever configuration dongle, cable, Bluetooth, or refresh frequency
Lowering the polling does help about the double clicking only if all you want to do is normal click, holding it will still show the same problem. It's just so hard to understand if its hardware and its just a coincidence since i just recently reinstalled iCUE (updating in the process) or software since there are many others mentioning the update.
Really just waiting on Corsair now...

Old 04-28-2020, 07:19 AM

POST ID # = 1043514
gazedash Reputation: 10
Woah!

I have the problem with double clicks too, and it happens with both left and right buttons.

Quote:

- unplug the dongle
- iCUE latest 3.28.70

I followed the instructions and surprisingly I don't have double clicks on the right button anymore, but on the left it is still there, happens pretty often...

I wonder when Corsair will fix this in a new update?

Old 04-28-2020, 11:35 AM

POST ID # = 1043558
cultan21 Reputation: 10
Default I have the same problem

double click heaven.

Any software update down the line?
I've tried everything suggested.