Corsair Community

Commander pro - looking for some advice

PaulAm87

Hi All, Hope you can help!

I have 2 sets of Fans Ml140 and ML 120 - each set are connected to there own lighnting node Pro, i have one of the node pro's connector to My commander but i appear to be missing the cable to connect the 2nd lighting node to the commander, does anyone know the name or link to this cable so i can purchase one?

i am also having trouble with my ML120's ( lighting node not connected to commander using the control panel for this) 2 or 3 fans are lighting up i hae checked connections and they appear to be ok, does anyone have any suggestions what could be the isuse?

Why are you using the two Lighting Node Pros at all all? Are there more RGB devices in this system not listed? The Commander Pro will provide the software interface you need replacing the LNP. All four ML-RGB fans can go into the same RGB Lighting Hub (6 port box). That then needs only one connector to the C-Pro. C-Pro to motherboard. 3 less things cluttering your install.

Not 2 Lighting Node Pros, but definitely two RGB Lighting Hubs, which does change things a little.

I am guessing the issue is you don't have another cable to connect the 6 port RGB hub to the Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro. This seems to be a frequent obstacle since the case came with one RGB hub, but only the physical remote. As far as I know, Corsair is not selling this. You may be able to contact them directly through the ticket system and ask. Technically, you could still use a dual system of ML-RGB controlled through the software and the SP-RGB completely on its own circuit and controlled through the remote, but that isn't really ideal. Some people have been able to make their own connecting cable for the RGB hub, but that is not for everyone. I am afraid the easy way out is to further replace the SP-RGB with 3 more ML-RGB and put them all on one RGB hub. Perhaps someone else has further suggestions.

For the ML-fans, make sure they are in the 1-2-3 slots on the Lighting Hub. They have to be in series and in numerical order. Which fan does not light up? #3? If so, move to 3 to 1 and see if it lights up. Yes, then move 2 to 1 and see what happens.

Archived