Corsair Community

Hx850i Contents

Migchievous

Has Corsair had cutbacks? Where's my lovely velvet bag? :p:

On a serious note: Just picked up a HX850i. Could anybody tell me what kind of cables it's meant to come with? Please.

My last few RMi series came with a nicely velvety bagged PSU and Braided CPU/GPU cables. The HXi PSU just came in a plastic bag with normal Corsair 'Stiff as a board' cables. Is this normal. I would've thought a step up the PSU ladder would have braided cables like the RMi.........and a velvet bag :laughing:

Thanks in advance.

apparently, the velvet bags had a severe tendency, depending on the area.. to develop some.. unwanted growth :p

needless to say, between plastic bag and moldy velvet, they made a choice.

My HXi from less than 2 years ago also came with stiff cables. Only a few RMi to my knowledge come with sleeved cables. my previous HX and this HXI were stiff ones.

• Corsair Employee

Hello,

The cables that come with the HX850i are black non-braided. They can feel stiffer, but they should stay where you put them, so they don't fall into fans, etc.

As for the bag, we stopped including them over 2 years ago as our suppliers could not maintain the quality and quantity that we needed.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks guys, that's all I needed to know.

No apologies needed, Travis. Just wanted to make sure I got what I was meant to. I'm sure I'll get over the velvety bag, specially a mushroom infested one ;)::D:

Now just got to find a 3080FE.....I can hear the laughter from here:D:

• 2 weeks later...
Has Corsair had cutbacks? Where's my lovely velvet bag? :p:

On a serious note: Just picked up a HX850i. Could anybody tell me what kind of cables it's meant to come with? Please.

My last few RMi series came with a nicely velvety bagged PSU and Braided CPU/GPU cables. The HXi PSU just came in a plastic bag with normal Corsair 'Stiff as a board' cables. Is this normal. I would've thought a step up the PSU ladder would have braided cables like the RMi.........and a velvet bag :laughing:

Thanks in advance.

i bought the exact same psu in 2017 and it came with a velvet bag and the same regular psu cables.

the change must have been made after then.