Corsair Community

LS100 Video Lightning mode stops working if User Account Control windows shows up

Hello,

I've noticed that LS100 Video Lightning mode stops working after User Account Control window pops up and needs to be removed and added back in iCUE to get it working again.

Talking about this guy;

uac.jpg

It's easy to test / reproduce too.

Right Click on Start Button and then select Windows Power Shell (Admin) or Command Prompt (Admin). Video Lightning mode will stop working if UAC is set to "Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer (default)" or higher.

Please fix.

Thank you.

Edited by Djabolic

• 3 weeks later...

I can also confirm this bug/glitch with the icue software.

I am able to 'fix' the problem once it has become stuck by simply changing the lighting effect to anything else and then back to video lighting.

In my case after digging around and seeing that there was something to do with it losing access to the screen capture, I went into UAC and turned it down from just below "Always Notify" to just above "Never Notify". The only distinction I can find between the 2 is the fact that it does not dim your screen when it pops up.

uac.jpg.97fd60041cf5cabde20f7316430c5d90.jpg

Viola! for me worked like a charm. My Video lighting stays on all the time and now does not get stuck when the UAC prompt comes up.

I hope this helps someone!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...