Corsair Community

Corsair 4000X with H150I elite compatibility

Lit_Squad

Dear all,

I currently have a mini-ITX setup with 4 LL RGB fans and I am thinking to move to an corsair 4000x RGB case together with an corsair H150i elite capellix AIO

Current specs:

Z-390i

I7-9700K @ 5ghz

Corsair vengance RGB pro 3200mhz

m2. A2000 1gb

2070S

I would like to install the 360mm AIO in the front because top mounting will not work with an 280mm because of the RAM height and I think the H100I might not be enough cooling power for the I7 9700K OCed.

I am thinking about a push/pull configuration, do you guys now if this would fit in the corsair 4000x case, so six fans in total? What would be the ideal wiring for the RGB fans, because I got a mix of:

4 LL RGB fans

3x SP elite RGB fans (comes with the corsair 4000x case)

3x ML RGB fans (comes with the Elite capellix cooler)

I would like to use 6 fans on the radiator, two topfans and one exhaust fan. I read that commandor core unit will only allow a single type of fan? Would an LL and ML setup work on a single commander core? Likewise, would a mix of LL and SP fans work on the lightning hub that comes with the 3-pack LL-fans or with the pre-installed 4000x RGB hub work?

If not, would you suggest to sell the SP and LL fans and buy additional ML RGB fans?

Hope this is clear and thanks in advance.

1. Six fan push pull with the h150 won't work due to clearance with the bottom shroud/PSU cover and the last pull fan. You could put three pushing and two pulling in the top two spots. I'd imagine you can remove/edit the shroud to make it fit but that would most likely void your warranty

2. I have the 4000x and the h150 elite.

As for RGB - the three SP and ML fans that come with those all work on the Commander pro and/or the 4000x lighting core. I have it set up so the type of fan is "SP RGB Pro/Elite Series" because all of the fans have 8 LEDs and that setting allows for control of all 8.

I can't confirm the performance side of mixing on the command core. I currently have an issue with my pump that won't let me edit performance settings and everything runs full blast and blinks red. I had to route all six LEDs to the 4000x node and then have them controlled by my MB for the time being. I will say that all 6 fans did show up when I had them connected to the command core, not sure how editing performance will work with them having different RPMs though.

Just FYI, the SP fans that come with the 4000x aren't the same as the ones listed on the corsair website. They actually are PWM, just a little side note. Other than that, I think they are the same.

Hey Uriel,

Thanks for explaining, that clarifies a lot. So it should be feasible with 5 fans on the radiator. Does this mean the GPU clearance is not hindered by the second pull fan?

Another potential problem would be the USB header, I think I only have one available, so i will need the commander pro (the one with 2 usb headers) and connect that with the commander node from the Corsair 4000x case. Would that setup work in Icue?

Kind regards,

Hey Uriel,

Thanks for explaining, that clarifies a lot. So it should be feasible with 5 fans on the radiator. Does this mean the GPU clearance is not hindered by the second pull fan?

Another potential problem would be the USB header, I think I only have one available, so i will need the commander pro (the one with 2 usb headers) and connect that with the commander node from the Corsair 4000x case. Would that setup work in Icue?

Kind regards,

you can do the push/pull but with 5 fans not 6. im running the 3 sp120-elite (PUSH) fans that comes with the 4000x, 280 radiator and 2-140 fans (PULL). fits with no issues. you can do a 360 radiator with 5-120 fans in the front. just be careful which fans you get to connect to the commander pro. for me, i have 3-sp120 elite and 3-ll120, only some presets work ok with the commander pro. im going to be switching out the sp120 elites for 3 more ll120's.

Edited by mlnhtrang

• 1 month later...