Corsair Community

Help - iCUE H100i Elite Capellix

Purchased iCUE H100i Elite Capellix a few days ago. It doesn't work. All of the fans and the pump start flashing red while increasing the fans' speed to max as soon as I turn the power on. Pump is working, although iCUE software says the pump failed.

Tried hooking the tach cable to both CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT. Same effect.

Firmware via iCUE software has been updated to the latest. Everything else is hooked up correctly to the Commander Core. Bios is up to date.

I don't think the cooling system is detecting the pump via the tach cable.

I suspect there may be a setting in the bios that I need to change, but I am unsure what to do.

Aorus Elite Wifi / X570 / Ryzen 7 5800x

The MB and BIOS do not need to see the cooler, other than the usual CPU_Boot requirement. The tach wire can be disconnected and it doesn't do anything to cooler operations. It's mostly to help the motherboard get past its own safety requirements. You can turn off the feature in the BIOS as well.

The flashing red on the cooler is a warning sign and specific to the cooler sensor. Some people have been getting this warning on the first boot regardless, so that does not necessarily mean there is a problem. However, the immediate maximum fan speed is more concerning. What does the H100i Temp (coolant temperature) read in the CUE software? If the pump is not working, it's going to immediately escalate 30...35....40...45C.... every few seconds until you are near shutdown levels.

The MB and BIOS do not need to see the cooler, other than the usual CPU_Boot requirement. The tach wire can be disconnected and it doesn't do anything to cooler operations. It's mostly to help the motherboard get past its own safety requirements. You can turn off the feature in the BIOS as well.

The flashing red on the cooler is a warning sign and specific to the cooler sensor. Some people have been getting this warning on the first boot regardless, so that does not necessarily mean there is a problem. However, the immediate maximum fan speed is more concerning. What does the H100i Temp (coolant temperature) read in the CUE software? If the pump is not working, it's going to immediately escalate 30...35....40...45C.... every few seconds until you are near shutdown levels.

Temp is fine. Mostly stable around 31C unless I'm doing heavy computing, although I assume that's CPU temp and not coolant temp. The computer would shut itself down or would burn apart in about ten seconds after boot up if there wasn't any cooling going on. While the thing flashing and the fans are ramped up, I cannot lower the fan speed or change the colors.

I should mention that the cooling system doesn't immediately begin flashing red. It takes about ten or 20 seconds after power up. I assume it's booting itself up or doing checks, internal processes, etc. Also, when I update the firmware (including by "forcing" it), the flashing goes away for a few and then returns.

I thought about trying to install previous versions of the firmware to see if that works, but haven't done so yet.

If you are up and running, doing normal stuff, you have coolant flow.

1) Coolant temp is on the right side of the pump LED picture in CUE. If you have the "Emergency Temperature....." notification under the coolant temp, go to the Notifications tab (left side) and dismiss it. It will stay there until you do.

2) The cooler isn't that smart to the point where it's doing self diagnostics on start-up. If the pump does electrically dead, you'll get a CPU FAN Error from the BIOS (that's what the tach wire is really for). It also is likely to drop out of CUE and you'll see the Commander Core pictured instead of the pump head.

3) I think it is responding to the perceived "Emergency Temp" situation. Not sure why this pops up for so many people, but the flashing red is like the alarm that won't stop buzzing until you go over and shut it down. The Elite coolers have an emergency shutdown operation in place by default. It kicks in at 70C coolant temp. You can delete it if you like, but the message in the coolant temp box is showing it's "active" versus it has occurred.

4) Don't unnecessarily flash the firmware on the Elite cooler. A quick scan of the cooling post titles suggests this is not ending well for some people. **However, as of CUE 3.35 it will force you to update the first time you install. No getting around that. Just don't keep force loading the firmware as a troubleshooting method.

Edited by c-attack

• 1 month later...

Hi there I just found your thread. I am having the exact same issue, I have contacted Corsair and am waiting for an update. Everything the exact same, fans at max speed, pump head and fans flashing red but clearly working as the temps are low. I've tried to move the tach cable to a couple different headers as suggested by other users on some other forums but no dice.

I originally had it running off the AIO header on my Asus z490e when it first started flashing red.

I'm okay to wait on Corsair but just wanted to check in if anyone had any other luck with fixing this? Could it be a bios thing?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am a new PC gamer with only about 6 months of experience and I recently bought the H100i Elite Capellix and also having this issue where the pump and fans are flashing red and the fans spinning at a high rpm. Although my cpu temps aren't getting hot, I have yet to find a way to stop this. Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Rather than opening a new thread, I'll add on to this as it's the same issue.

First poster here.

I just built a brand new rig yesterday - spec is hopefully in the signature

I got the h150i Elite Cappelix and it was working fine and as it should including everything was detected in iCUE including mobo, ram and cooler. Today though nothing is detected, i didn't change anything either.

So all the RGBs are working, all the fans are working, the pump is working and getting low temps but nothing shows in iCUE. I presume with everything working that the usb 2.0 header (and I've tried both) is in good working order.

Corsair USBXp driver is not in the device driver. The cooler does not show up in 'Bluetooth and other devices' although the Commander Core does. I take it if the driver does not show in Device Manager then it wont in iCUE ayways?

I'm just annoyed by the lighting effects and want to change them to static (which I did last night - not today though) . I've notice some responses suggesting trying a new micro usb cable (different model to mine though - can't find one on mine).

So where do I go from here? Hope you can help - Thanks in advance

• Corsair Employee
Rather than opening a new thread, I'll add on to this as it's the same issue.

First poster here.

I just built a brand new rig yesterday - spec is hopefully in the signature

I got the h150i Elite Cappelix and it was working fine and as it should including everything was detected in iCUE including mobo, ram and cooler. Today though nothing is detected, i didn't change anything either.

So all the RGBs are working, all the fans are working, the pump is working and getting low temps but nothing shows in iCUE. I presume with everything working that the usb 2.0 header (and I've tried both) is in good working order.

Corsair USBXp driver is not in the device driver. The cooler does not show up in 'Bluetooth and other devices' although the Commander Core does. I take it if the driver does not show in Device Manager then it wont in iCUE ayways?

I'm just annoyed by the lighting effects and want to change them to static (which I did last night - not today though) . I've notice some responses suggesting trying a new micro usb cable (different model to mine though - can't find one on mine).

So where do I go from here? Hope you can help - Thanks in advance

We would recommend that you contact our support team by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

^Had the same  problem, my solution was: go to startmenu then type energy then enter.

then you get to the energy settings. go to change advanced settings then usb settings click on it then you get selective usb interruption.

set it to disabled .