Corsair Community

Late 2017 CorsairOne 1080Ti Get Hot Easily Now

Waterman

Hey Waterman, glad to hear your machine is now working properly! I would say keep an eye on the temps, but I've never heard that anyone would replace pastes frequently, like every year or so. Two years, as zguy85 suggests, would make sense I think.

I also just re-pasted my GPU with a Noctua compound, GPU temperatures went down from 85C (and reboot) to just 50C in Furmark stress-test.

zguy85, thanks for the advice!

Hi Nikitam, your GPU temp went down to 50C? Wow...mine still stay around 56C under full stress. Even though most of the time when I play WoW at near full setting it is only around 45-46C.

I wonder if Noctua is better than Grizzly?

What is your CPU temp under full stress?

Waterman, yes, the GPU temp went down to 50C in Furmark (fullscreen 1080p stress-test with default settings). However, my ambient temperature is also just 20C, this can contribute to the difference between our numbers too.

My CPU temp in Cinebench R15 is 66-68C after repasting, in before it was jumping above 70C. I notice bigger effect from the GPU repasting, since the original pre-applied thermal compound had no contact with one of the corners of the GPU die. I am in fact surprised it worked at all, given that about 20-25 % of the chip had no contact with the cooler.

Edited by nikitam