Corsair Community

help with 2 problems from my Corsair iCue 220T RGB :)

GoldFran

Hi guys :)

I bought custom pc with many Corsair components... One of this, is my case Corsair Icue 220T RGB black + H100i AIO RGB + PSU RM750 + 32Gb Vengeance RGB DDR4-3200

This case is a little compact and has two problem that quote:

1.- I want to buy LED strips to my case but the problem is that I can´t find LED strips compatible with Corsair Node Core (included in my 220T)... My question is: are there led pin adapter to Node Core? I see cable pin adapter to Node Pro or Commander Pro but no to Node Core...

2.- In this case, I have AIO radiator in front because in top, had problem with RAM memory (only compatible radiator on top using LPX memory)... I want to buy RTX 3080 GPU but all backplates are too long (except EVGA XC3 black RTX 3080 with 285mm)... Is possible to find support vertical adapter compatible? (Corsair hasn´t vertical gpu adapter, but 3rd party?)

Thanks and sorry for my bad English :)

I dont know if this will be super helpful but I know that cooler master and cablemod sell vertical GPU mounting kits. I don't know how well they will work with this case and a 3080. I too am hoping to vertical mount my 3070 in my 220T case but the cablemod kit pushes the GPU forward just a bit. My AIO is also mounted in the front due to RAM clearance up top, so I will probably just have to horizontally mount it.

the case is shallow. if you do a vertical mount, it will have to be a system where you can push the card as close to the motherboard as possible, or else it will typically have its fans almost against the glass.. meanings thermal throttling galore... thing will overheat big time.

That said, usually those brackets are for cases that have a completely open PCI area. You can still dremel the case to allow access to the GPU connectors, but it's up to you if you want to mod the case.

Would certainly void warranty, and the GPU thermals are.. uncertain.

I dont know if this will be super helpful but I know that cooler master and cablemod sell vertical GPU mounting kits. I don't know how well they will work with this case and a 3080. I too am hoping to vertical mount my 3070 in my 220T case but the cablemod kit pushes the GPU forward just a bit. My AIO is also mounted in the front due to RAM clearance up top, so I will probably just have to horizontally mount it.

the case is shallow. if you do a vertical mount, it will have to be a system where you can push the card as close to the motherboard as possible, or else it will typically have its fans almost against the glass.. meanings thermal throttling galore... thing will overheat big time.

That said, usually those brackets are for cases that have a completely open PCI area. You can still dremel the case to allow access to the GPU connectors, but it's up to you if you want to mod the case.

Would certainly void warranty, and the GPU thermals are.. uncertain.

Ummm problem that has this case is small size... this case is very compact and some component dosn´t fit well.

- For vertical GPU I thnk that is not possible because iron back has welded rivets... Only 2 GPUs I found... 3080 FE and this https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=10G-P5-3881-KR that fit horizontally because size is 285mm

- What case do you recomended me with more space but not very expensive? Same airflow, more space, vertical GPU (optional) and I can put AIO in top without problems (H100i RGB)... I see this https://www.corsair.com/es/es/Categor%C3%ADas/Productos/Chasis/Chasis-de-semitorre-ATX/iCUE-4000X-RGB-Tempered-Glass-Mid-Tower-ATX-Case/p/CC-9011204-WW

- Any quote about led strips adapter to Corsair Node Core?

well, the 4000x fits the bill but i would still not recommend doing vertical mount on that ^^' it may work, but most likely will be hot.

Usually it's better done on watercooled GPUs since there's no more fan choking concerns.

For the strips, the Node Core only has fan LED connectors.

If you want to add Corsair strips, better get a pack with strips and a lighting node pro, that has two channels supporting these(up to 4 strips per channel).

well, the 4000x fits the bill but i would still not recommend doing vertical mount on that ^^' it may work, but most likely will be hot.

Usually it's better done on watercooled GPUs since there's no more fan choking concerns.

For the strips, the Node Core only has fan LED connectors.

If you want to add Corsair strips, better get a pack with strips and a lighting node pro, that has two channels supporting these(up to 4 strips per channel).

oK, Istall vertical GPU is to have the possibility, not because I want to do it at the momoent :) I think that I sell my 220T for 70€ more or less (buy in August) and buy 4000x is more capacity and more posibility, same airflow and USB-C in front

I want to buy generic led strips, not a corsair strip... I thought that generic led strips work in node core but... only work with fan led... I will wear MSI motherboard controller --> MSI mystic lightnin so I don´t expend extra money :)

I much rather prefer 3rd party strips.. more led density. the corsair ones only have 10 leds which creates very noticeable hotspots..

My current ones are the same length, 21 leds a pop, also controlled by the motherboard. Looks a lot nicer without needing some DIY diffuser. But i don't use iCUE so, that's that :)

Sure you'll find good ones too.

I much rather prefer 3rd party strips.. more led density. the corsair ones only have 10 leds which creates very noticeable hotspots..

My current ones are the same length, 21 leds a pop, also controlled by the motherboard. Looks a lot nicer without needing some DIY diffuser. But i don't use iCUE so, that's that :)

Sure you'll find good ones too.

Right... Yes, I think that the only one method to have LED strips is use 3rd party strips led in motherboard (MSI Mystic lightnin in my mother)... I don´t knew that Corsair Node Core only work with fan led...