Corsair Community

Project Open Core: Liquid, Hardline Tubing, Illuminated System Panel, VR Ready

Figured I would add a few of my recent Additions to this build since its been a while without any updates.

3 months ago, went ahead an upgraded to a 1080Ti, using an EK waterblock. Stock temps are 5-10C less than the EVGA Hybrid cooler solution my GPU shipped with. Very happy with that upgrade. Video of the install can be found here:

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXtkz0XeVco]GTX 1080 Ti EK Waterblock Install & Liquid Cooling Loop Drain[/ame]

iQqhSP5.jpg

YA6xHZn.jpg

Also added some 3D Printed Fan Grills to the build, for some color pop. 2 part construction. I posted the STL files here if anyone wants to give it a go.

qDUk5uF.jpg

5viAghK.jpg

Edited by Mr_Armageddon

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting ready to rebuild the system and do a few additional mods as well. Waiting on my Ryzen 5950x, but did snag an EVGA 3080 ftw3 Ultra. As my existing system has all custom cables, both in length and sleeving, I went about making three new cables for this graphics card (3x8pin). However I've noticed that over the last week or so, my Corsair ax1200 power supply is starting to have fan issues. Fan noise is very audible when it used to be almost silent.

Since all of my cables are both custom length, and individually sleeved, what power supplies does Corsair now offer that would work with these older cables / connectors? Need to replace the power supply, but really don't want to go to the process of making all these cables again.

50592829986_2176cfff1e_c.jpg

Edited by Mr_Armageddon