Corsair Community

What's the point of link if you use iCue?

Parmenedes

Don't quote me here but I am pretty sure Link was around before iCue.

When RGB craze started Corsair recreated Link into iCue to have a single program to control all of its hardware in one place, allowing it to synchronize the RGB colours in each piece of hardware.

Why do we still need Link? Again don't quote me... Link has the drivers for a lot of older pieces of hardware that were created before iCue, I am not actually even certain if iCue provides any drivers or if it literally just a RGB controller program (maybe someone else has the answer to that).

Anyway that is what I thought. :)

I'm not asking this sarcastically - I'm genuinely curious. I've been using iCue since before the "i" was attached, and I don't understand what need the Link software fills.

There still are a few legacy devices that do not work with iCUE (CUE 3). They still require the older Link that was developed during their time. It also may have some value to those running an AIO from a few years back and no Corsair peripherals making the "CUE" part of the program unnecessary. Link was internal components (fans, PSU, RAM, etc). CUE 1 and 2 were peripherals only. Now they are combined into one program - CUE 3.