Corsair Community

1 module of TR3X6G1866C9DF?

lillalysmasken

hi. i was wondering if there is a possibility that the dominator 1866mhz memory has a own partnumber for one module. i recently bought a computer with a 6 gb kit (3x2gb) of those memories, but my computer may only work with 1,2 or 4 modules. so i was wondering if there is a partnumber for a single module of those memories.or do i have to buy one more 6 gb kit just to get those 2 gb?

i want TR3X6G1866C9DF to be TR1X2G1866C9DF i guess?

They are only sold in kits. There is no guarantee that a stick from one kit will work with another kit.

http://www.corsair.com/products/corei5/default.aspx

They do make a 2000 MHz kit (2x2GB) for that platform. Keep in mind that the more sticks you have, the more stress on the memory controller and therefore you may not be able to run memory as fast as you'd like.

okey, thanks for your quick answer. it looks like i have 3 choices. 1. pay $ 250 for a new 6gbkit. but even then it might not work. 2 get a 2x2gb kit and try to return the old one to the store but then the motherboard might not support the new memories.(because those memories were the only one who was supported my the mb that the local store had in stock) 3. by a new motherboard, processor, and memories and make it fit. or just stick with my 4 gb.

or i can keep the old ones, throw one module away and get a 2x2gbs at a lower speed. but that will slow down my other memories right?

Archived