Corsair Community

Fan LED Issue

Ash Is Back

Hello, I recently built my first PC, the carbide 175R case came with a 120 RGB fan that is connected into system 1 and JRGB 1, although i can view the speed etc in ICUE i have no control over the colour unlike with all my other corsair devices. I also installed a second RGB fan to system fan 2 and JRGB 2 and the fan spins up but I have no colour, I tried fitting it into JRGB 1 but no LED's again, not sure if this might mean the fan LED's are broken or im doing something wrong? I have MSI X570 A-Pro motherboard and the fan is a Corsair ICUE SP140 RGB Pro. Thanks

So ... the fans that come with that case (and one other) are the only Corsair fans compatible with 12V motherboard control.

That SP RGB Pro is not. It's a 5V Addressable LED fan and it is very likely that you have released the magic smoke and the LEDs are dead.

Ahhhh trash... So I’ll need a new fan then. What is the 5V LED fan called and also any idea why there’s no control from ICUE with it or is it a fan that just permanently rainbows? I’m assuming the addressable is a fan where the RGB is changeable? Thanks