Corsair Community

Hi,

Trying to build a custom case to move my rig into but, I want to install a 3 stage boot switch for turning it on.

I need to find a way to be able to flip a switch that will turn on case LED's but not the PC.

What I was wondering is if the Commander pro can use native USB power to make the LED's always on but I connect the cable through a physical switch that can break the circuit disable them?

I this something that is possible?

If not done that way, could I power the Commander pro from an external power source and would it remember the lighting patterns when powering via that... however I do not want the fans to come on just the LED's

Thank you!

The Commander and any other lighting controllers will be SATA powered. The Commander only needs the usb connection to actively change lighting or fan control via a motherboard supplied sensor value (GPU temp, motherboard temp, PCI-E temp, etc). If you use the native 10k thermistor sensors (water or air) it can run from those indefinitely while still making speed adjustments. It also has its own hardware lighting for the two RGB channels. Those can be set in iCUE and will be persistent anytime the software is not running.