Corsair Community

dxgmms2.sys

Kei

TL;DR: Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe using up CPU cycles via dxgmms2.sys (ntoskrnl.exe)

Taskmgr_2020-06-17_06-20-21.png

After looking up various forums and resources why dxgmms2.sys would take up resources, I narrowed it down to either Chrome (usually Adblock), Afterburner, HWInfo or any other program that tracks various system resource usage. This has been going on for awhile now and I always wrote it off as the system just intentionally doing this. Reinstalled the drivers multiple times and recently updated to Windows 10 version 2004 but the problem still persisted where dxgmms2.sys was using up cycles. Temporarily I can suspend the thread and nothing egregious happens until I let it sit for awhile.

Today I decided to do a little more investigative work and remembered that iCUE in particular had some CPU/System resource tracking in the dashboard of the software. After closing programs one by one until the cycles went back down, I was able to single out iCUE to be the culprit, rather the Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe in particular. It only took this long since I thought iCUE was not open but noticed there were some services running (and the iCUE processes themselves were not using much CPU). Just reinstalled the program and on version 3.29.110 and the problem still persists. Windows 10 Pro version 2004 OS Build 19041.329

I've already removed the stuff in the dashboard on iCUE and this is still happening. Only Corsair device I have is the Dark Core RGB SE (non pro). Being able to stop the CpuId service would solve a lot of the CPU usage problems.

ProcessHacker_2020-06-17_05-52-22.png

Using the export system info and logs on iCUE (it was too big to attach directly) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XMqM5DtrGFp7bhuXh0HwkJ03mQNvf8vq/view?usp=sharing