Corsair Community

Corsair One Pro - Fan/Temp query

seymourp

When I start up my system from cold the bios shows the CPU fan running at about 4300 rpm and the system fan at zero rpm. CPU and System temps will rapidly rise up to about 41 decrees Celcius while sitting in the Bios with no activity. The actual temperature in the room is about 18 degrees c - it's winter here. Is this normal - I am worried about the system coping in summer when it is 35 degrees plus!

thanks

Hello

There is no CPU fan on any version of Corsair One!!

They are all cooling on passive mode with the radiator wish is using the top case fan, that is the only fan that is use to exhaust hot air.

Then you must have a fan on your PSU and another Fan on your Gpu

What temps are you getting on your cpu while gaming?

You could do a test using Prime95 torture test to see how hot your CPU is getting

Good luck keep in touch

Thanks for the help. The bios reports a cpu fan and a system fan - I guess that it has not been tuned for the corsair system. I can see the exhaust fan spinning through the top of the tower, and it is certainly not running at 4000 rpm.

I will do some testing as you suggest.

regards

After about 20 minutes of Prime95, Corsair Link shows all CPU cores and the motherboard running at 85 degrees C. 30 minutes after stopping Prime 95 it is still showing 45 degrees. This seems high, but I dont really know much about the Corsair.

My desktop running the same test ( in the same room) ran for 30 minutes at 68 degrees and cooled down to 28 degrees within 1 minute of stopping Prime95.

The ambient temp in the room is 15 degrees as I type.

This is all without any heat being produced by the graphics card.

Do you think this is normal behaviour for this system?

Maybe you want to try HardwareMonitor Cupid there you could see wish fan is running and also monitor your temps

To me that is hot specially in a room temperature as yours I'm wandering what would be mine as soon my system arrives as I'm in Thailand and room temperature is 25

There is a guy on this forum who reports 92 c and he is in Iran

Also hear from many complains about the intel 17 edition people saying that there intel's are running hot on normal case even with water-cooling on it so those cpus run hot and if the Corsair don't do a good cooling we may run into trubel

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/248908-intel-responds-i7-overheating-issue-cluelessly-suggests-stop-overclocking#disqus_thread

Deliding is one solution at your own risk

http://www.tweaktown.com/guides/8039/cpu-deliding-quick-guide/index.html

• Corsair Employee

Corsair One is optimized for noise. That means it will allow the CPU to run a little hotter than most other systems in order to keep noise levels down. Note that it still runs the CPU well within spec.

We're looking at adding fan control to the software that will allow you to run the fan at a higher speed if you're concerned about CPU temps, but it's honestly fine.

Thank you both for your responses.

Interestingly running Prime95 seems to have made quite an improvement in the temperatures. Using Corsair link shows the CPU temps at about 30 at idle and around 40 with nomal non gaming use, so I think I was panicking about nothing.

We will see what the summer brings, but fine for now.

thanks again.

Archived