Corsair Community

Question on GPU Fan (not the waterblock)

Gelo

Really enjoying my Corsair One Pro.

I understand that the main GPU is handled by the waterblock and controlled by the Corsair Link which it does not seem like you can change the settings on, which is fine. The Corsair engineers did a good job for this part as the main cooling runs quiet and does not have an annoying pitch.

However, the other half of the video card has another fan. I would like to know what speed to run the video card fan below the waterblock that will be safe. Below the GPU waterblock, there is a normal radial looking fan above all the MEM/PWR and other components on the vid card for the Corsair One Pro as shown in the review below. No hot-linking to the image is allowed, but it is the 3rd to last image under the video called Corsair-One-Review-on-KitGuru-Open-Top-34.jpg:

Corsair One Pro (USA version)

There are no sensors for any of those MEM/PWR parts of the video card to know what is happening under there. We only know the GPU core temperature. What direction does this secondary fan blow and how big of a risk is it lowering the speed as long as the system is still stable?

The reason I want a custom profile for this lower fan is it is much more irritating and loud than the main cooling system. I would rather have the big fan on top at 100% before I'd want to listen to the small fan on the bottom at 45%.

So, is it safe to put that lower fan on a curve that maxes out at say, 38% fan speed at 62C? Or, would that put too much stress on the components on that half of the video card?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Archived