Corsair Community

no keyboard detected at boot

Tokageroh

Hey all,

Since I bought this keyboard I have had the problem that my keyboard is not detected at boot. When I put the keyboard in Bios mode it is okay but it still boots kindoff slow. I read a post a while back about the 16.8mil color thing and this problem (wich was kindoff covered up) a while ago but that topic was closed and no information whatsoever about this ever came up again.

Anyone has some input / fixes. Please notify me :).

Greetings Tokageroh!

I have the exact same problem.

My Corsair K70 RGB keyboard won't get detected on POST (cold boot) at all (on my new ASUS Z170-A based Skylake computer).

But if I unplug it and plug it in again in any USB port, it works! Even if I reboot or enter BIOS/UEFI and change stuff and reboot after that.

In other words, it's only when the computer has been shutdown (and emptied it's capacitors) that it shows.

The very same keyboard works on all my other computers (one ASUS Z77 based computer that it has worked with for more than 6 months!)

Running latest BIOS/UEFI as well as latest Firmware on the K70 RGB.

Have a ticket at ASUS, but the supportagent claims it's Corsair's fault. Who to believe!? Someone isn't doing proper USB handshake... probably some wakeup/USB timer handshake mismatch... hopefully it'll get fixed by either one!

@Tokageroh: What mainboard and BIOS version are you using? I'm using ASUS Z170-A rev1.03 and tried both BIOS version 0404 and 0504 (first BIOS, and latest BIOS ever released)

Edited by DigiDroids

Hi,

now it works for me every boot (cold, warm).

I just disabled Legacy USB Support in BIOS.

So my BIOS settings are as included picture.

You might not have the same settings, but might find something relevant maybe.

http://i.imgur.com/s69T9Tg.png

Hope it helps.

The Z170 chipset is really new, Corsair might need to adjust the firmware for it.

Yup, and ASUS USB handshaking implementation might be off as well.

So might get properly fixed from either Corsair or ASUS (which one or both even that isn't following proper USB specifications).

Never had an issue with the very same K70 on my ASUS Z77 based motherboard.

same thing for me. using a different port makes no diffrence,

i have USB LEGACY SUPPORT disabled.

Are you using the 3.0 USB connector, or going for both connectors in 2.0 USB?

Make sure that if you are using 2 x 2.0 USB connectors, that you follow the order in which to plug them. (they had some instructions on that front)

If you are using 1 x 3.0 USB, then use the right cable/plug (the one with the little KB image on it)

Also just to be sure we are still dealing with the OP title. Is the issue now migrated to 'slow boot up' or are you still having issues of getting your KB recognized on boot?

Make sure that if you are using 2 x 2.0 USB connectors, that you follow the order in which to plug them. (they had some instructions on that front)

If you are using 1 x 3.0 USB, then use the right cable/plug (the one with the little KB image on it)

Also just to be sure we are still dealing with the OP title. Is the issue now migrated to 'slow boot up' or are you still having issues of getting your KB recognized on boot?

USB 3.0 or 2.0 doesnt matter. both do the same thing. no keyboard on startup.

Indeed i tried using both ways and it does not matter. Also sometimes it is recognized but this indeed turns out in a super slow boot as well :(.