Corsair Community

iCUE and RGB Fans

millsbenjamin

Hey so I seem to have a problem with 3 of my fans (3,4,5 on the RGB Hub).

1 and 2 on the RGB Hub work fine and iCue sees all 5 of the fans however, the fans above do not light up at all.

When I unplug them all and individually plug them all into port 1, they light which leads me to believe its not a fan issue. I have also replaced the RGB hub which caused the same issue.

It leads me to believe that iCUE is the problem and noticed that if I set one fan to be colored in iCUE, it will retain this even through boot so possibly, the software has glitched somewhere and only allows 2 of the ports to work now?

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

Switch fan 2 with fan 5.

The fans operate in series, on passing data on to the next. It's not unheard of at all for a fan to light up but not pass the data. That's what it sounds like is happening here.

Hey thanks dude! It worked. You have saved me so much frustration :biggrin:

Hey thanks for the suggestion. What can I do with regards to it lighting but not passing data. would it be a replacement fan?

Yeah, you'd need to replace it. If it's all working now, we've identified the bad fan. Now ... you can choose to live with it or you can go ahead and return/RMA them.