Corsair Community

iCUE Crashing on Game Startup

Transformity

Hello. I have had Corsair iCUE for a while now and I have recently come across an issue where iCUE will crash on certain game startups. These games include Escape from Tarkov and PUBG, but does not happen on Dota 2. Every time I start up a game it crashes and I have to reopen it for it to work while the game is being played. I am on the most recent iCUE software update.

Hello. I have had Corsair iCUE for a while now and I have recently come across an issue where iCUE will crash on certain game startups. These games include Escape from Tarkov and PUBG, but does not happen on Dota 2. Every time I start up a game it crashes and I have to reopen it for it to work while the game is being played. I am on the most recent iCUE software update.

Have you had any luck? I tried buddy's solution and Tarkov still crashes iCue on launch, although I can get it back running in game through my stream deck. The only other game that causes a crash is R6 Seige as well.

iCUE is crashing for me with Planetside 2. Event Viewer shows absolutely no errors for iCUE when it crashes. iCUE acts like it was gracefully shut down. I'm able to relaunch iCUE after I start the game and it runs without issue from there until I want to play PS2 the next time.

I saw some suggestion to disable Nvidia overlay, but that didn't help anything.

i'm having the same problem, this did not happen until I updated to the newest version of Icue, and after downloading the newest Asus rog crosshair vi hero bios, and the AURA version to allow ICUE to see my motherboard, which allows icue to change the RGG on my motherboard.

now everytime I load Tarkov it crashes, also I have 2 of my mice buttons as keybinds in the game, sometimes if I hit one of the buttons it will also crash icue, i know when it happens cause the keybinds on my mouse stop working. so I have to alt tab out of the game and load up ICUE again, which causes a lag for a bit while it's loading up

it's really annoying, I wouldn't even care if it didn't stop my keybinds from working.. it's literally the 2 buttons on the side of the mouse

the mouse I have is NightSword, and the keyboard i'm using is k95 RGB Platinum

just in case these have something to do with the crashing issues

• 3 months later...

Just curious for those of you having this issue - my son just complained to me that the fans in his 220T case turn white when he plays Fortnite.

I built his PC last week, and it has an Asus TUF Gaming mobo, so I also had to install the Aura Sync to control the LEDs on the mobo, and I am using the RGB header on the mobo to plug in the Prism CPU cooler.

I have read that the lightingservice that is part of Aura Sync can cause issues with the anti-cheat software in Fortnite, so I am tempted to just uninstall the Aura software and see if that fixes the issue, but I wanted to know if others in this thread also had Aura Sync installed (for Asus products)?

I would be OK losing the color on the mobo (just barely noticeable anyway with 5 Corsair fans in the case), and losing the CPU fan color isn't a huge loss either if it allows for the iCue software to not crash...

Just curious for those of you having this issue - my son just complained to me that the fans in his 220T case turn white when he plays Fortnite.

I built his PC last week, and it has an Asus TUF Gaming mobo, so I also had to install the Aura Sync to control the LEDs on the mobo, and I am using the RGB header on the mobo to plug in the Prism CPU cooler.

I have read that the lightingservice that is part of Aura Sync can cause issues with the anti-cheat software in Fortnite, so I am tempted to just uninstall the Aura software and see if that fixes the issue, but I wanted to know if others in this thread also had Aura Sync installed (for Asus products)?

I would be OK losing the color on the mobo (just barely noticeable anyway with 5 Corsair fans in the case), and losing the CPU fan color isn't a huge loss either if it allows for the iCue software to not crash...

My Daughter had the same issue when playing Fortnite on my PC. iCUE was crashing in the background/locking up random colors. The fix was to uninstall Aura as the Aura plugin (and it's anticheat issues) seemed to effect iCUE directly.

Edited by Johnny_B500

My Daughter had the same issue when playing Fortnite on my PC. iCUE was crashing in the background/locking up random colors. The fix was to uninstall Aura as the Aura plugin (and it's anticheat issues) seemed to effect iCUE directly.

Interesting. I tried this too (after posting the above), but it still didn't work. Fortnite doesn't crash, but iCUE shuts down and all of the fans and other LEDs go back to their hardware defaults, even after I uninstalled Aura. I will have to take another look and make sure it was fully removed.

• 2 weeks later...

so i have had similar issues with Icue crashing during Tarkov launch and also ghost recon breaking point, i assume there are other games as well. At first I just uninstalled aura and it fixed the problem but no rgb on my asus tuf motherboard and connected rgb strips.

I tried previous versions of aura but it didn't work so i went back and just installed the latest aura service in the subdirectory,(LIGHTING SERVICE) not the whole setup program in the main directory. and that seems to solve the problem for Icue crashing but I am stuck with the settings from the previous aura install.

so basically install the latest aura. set your rgb preference in aura then uninstall aura, then reinstall just the aura service from the subdirectory and you should be able to launch the games without crashing icue with the full AURA SOFTWARE and still have all your rgb on.