Corsair Community

Disable K95 Caps Lock? (Disabled User)

SusiBiker

Hi.

I cannot tell you how happy I am to have a decent keyboard (K95) at long last. I am so happy I had to return the Logitech 510 thing I originally ordered as it had a sticking Ctrl key straight out of the box.

OK. Here's the problem -

I have to type pretty much 90% of the time with my right hand only (my left wrist was crippled in a nasty motorcycle accident years ago).

As for the most part, my right hand is flying backwards and forwards across the keyboard when typing, I am forever catching the Caps Lock key when I wanted just the 'a' key.

As this is a momentary-type switch (not a mechanical latch), I have to assume the Caps Lock function is implemented in the keyboard's driver (or firmware).

Can anyone tell me how to turn the Caps Lock key into an ordinary shift key, or to disable it altogether?

There are a couple of brutal options I know that would work -

Cut the right-hand-side of the key off to give me more space between it and the 'a' key, or remove the key cap completely (as I have done in the past with the incredibly annoying 'Insert' keys).

The trouble with these methods are that they ruin a gorgeous-looking keyboard.

Any ideas?

Sorry my questions are somewhat verbose - I don't get out much since the accident :sigh!: :laughing:

Thanks loads thenosbod.

Problem now sorted!

I hadn't even considered messing with the keyboard Scan Codes. For some reason I thought that the Caps Lock and its indicator LED would be controlled by the Corsair driver or internal to the keyboard via hardware/BIOS.

And now you've mentioned it - Years ago I remember remapping an MS keyboard for use with games: I had forgotten that.

You know... I really am dumber than a bag of spanners these days! :D:

Many thanks,

Susi xx

• 4 years later...

If you use icue you can also do cool things

I have a macro assigned to my capslock called better capslock

It looks like this

sleep 350ms

send capslock

I then have the macro only run while the key is held down, so i have to hold capslock for a moment in order to use capslock

Archived