Corsair Community

Missing iCue lighting effects for Keyboard? Big issues

Radiolint

Hello,

I just purchased a K70 RGB Mk2 to replace a...."cutting tool deadly spider" version keyboard, and I'm having some big, big disappointments with both the keyboard, and the icue software. I am hoping to get some help or clarity here, because if not, there's a high chance I won't be keeping this keyboard.

First, I bought this specifically for the cherry red SILENT keys (which are great and I wish the K95 offered them, as even browns are FAR too loud), and second, to replace my old keyboard companies RGB software.....the, "nerve junction" stuff. I used iCue before for lighting my node pro, 6 LL series fans, 3 RGB strips, RAM sticks, and while I'm not a big fan of it, I thought it would be better than what it was replacing.

Second, the speed of the effects like are insanely restricted. Having just "slow, medium and fast" is a huge step down from the 1-100 adjustment in the thing it was replacing. Plus, am I missing the amount of features or lighting options available? Is there an "advanced" tab or something I'm not seeing? In the "lighting effects" tab there seems to be only whats available from "predefined", "custom" and "lighting link", and ignoring the last one, there's just 14 quick presets. Out of those, there's 4 or 5 realistically usable ones. I agree that is subjective, but I'm looking at it from a comparison to the competition, which not only had more options, but was simpler to implement the lighting effects & tweak/alter the different "presets". In icue, to even set up something as simple as "solid color", there's a bar graph thing with percentage & time in seconds, when I literally just wanted to set all the keys to one. Solid. Color. It's needlessly complicated.

I've tried searching youtube on how to use and config the different options in icue, but a lot of the videos are from older versions that aren't applicable or accurate anymore. Does corsair have a tutorial or menu "how-to" for these different features? If no, why the hell not? It makes zero sense to not show users how to do something when it can be far from intuitive.

I really like the keyboard (aside from giving up my macro keys), I love the silent cherry switches, but I'm insanely disappointed with the lack of options and clarity in the icue software for the keyboard. For something costing this much, it needs to be almost perfect. It's far from it.

What in the world am I missing??