Corsair Community

680x Build - 8 Corsair RGB Fan install help needed

Hi all, my first post here.

I need some advice on my new build which is nearly complete. I have installed 6 case fans which have been plugged into the RGB hub and then the fan headers/RPM control cables into the commander pro. Will this be fine or will I need to use the node pro as well? Am I correct in saying the commander pro acts as a node pro with 2 RGB LED channels anyway? I will also be installing the LED's into channel 2.

Another issue I have is I have used all of the available RGB ports and FAN ports so wont be able to plug the fans from the Corsair Hydro 100i RGB Platinum into them. Will these have to be plugged into the motherboard?

MBO - Aorus Z390 AORUS MASTER

FANS - LL120 - White

Any help is appreciated.

Yes, the Commander Pro will do everything a Node Pro will do ... and a bit more.

The Platinum coolers have RGB connections so that, plus the CoPro + Fan Hub, should cover your 8 fans. You should plug the cooler's fans into the cooler - it has connections for the fan PWM as well as the RGB.

Take a look at the FAQs in my signature.

So just to confirm where will I need to plug in the AIO cpu cooler? As I have used all 6 rgb ports on the hub and the 6 fan ports on the commander pro for the 6 case fans.

I now need to plug the fans and connectors from the cpu cooler into the motherboard?

So just to confirm where will I need to plug in the AIO cpu cooler? As I have used all 6 rgb ports on the hub and the 6 fan ports on the commander pro for the 6 case fans.

The AIO has a USB connection (for data and control), a SATA power connection (for power) and a fan connection to put on your CPU fan header (to prevent CPU Fan warnings; no needed for proper operation). The AIO also has fan connections for the radiator fans - both RGB and PWM on the Platinum coolers.

I now need to plug the fans and connectors from the cpu cooler into the motherboard?

No. Just connect everything as described in the manual. And above.