Corsair Community

Creaking ole' 600T and RGB 200mm fans

Hi all,

I have a 600T and it's a solid case that has held up for a few builds. It's easy to work in and haven't had a reason to replace it.

However, mine still creaks at times due to heating up and cooling. I tried double-sided tape on the window, etc, no dice. Anyone know if it's the side panels that are doing it or other parts? Any tips? I could buy a new case, but I don't see the point and this is most likely eligible for any RMA. Sometimes the noise is startling it's so loud.

Lastly, will Corsair please make a RGB upgrade kit for 200mm fans? Please, I'd love to get RGB and iCue support.

Thanks.

It's not vibrating. The system is at rest temperate when it's powered up. Start a game and as it heats up inside it makes popping sounds, like a car when the engine is turned off after it's hot from use (cooling down). It sounds like someone walking on a wooden floor.

• Corsair Employee
It's not vibrating. The system is at rest temperate when it's powered up. Start a game and as it heats up inside it makes popping sounds, like a car when the engine is turned off after it's hot from use (cooling down). It sounds like someone walking on a wooden floor.

Sounds like the fan blades may be out of balance. You probably should replace it.

Thanks, newfiend.

It's not the fan blades. It's the case as heat builds up inside and then cools, the walls and sides get pressure and it makes sounds like a creaking floor. There are many threads here on it from a few years ago

Anyway, while I understand RGB fans of the 120mm and 140mm variety are more popular and standard these days, I don't think saying 200mm is "no longer relevant" is not a good practice. There are thousands of 650, 600T's still out there and they use 2x 200mm fans that Corsair decided to use. These fans can end up failing and because you used non-standard thickness and mounting, 3rd party fans must be modded to fit. The Corsair website doesn't even manage to stock them any more. So while I guess I can't expect RGB fans, it seems we can't even get a replacement.

So in the future, case owners by Corsair, you better hope that your perfectly working case that can fit future ATX motherboards 5 years from now (if you intend to reuse it), and doesn't have some kind of fan failure, RGB/iCue controller failure or other issue because it is deemed no longer relevant. :\

In the mean time, I have gone to a 600T modders forum and fixed my issue.

Edited by Yaboze

• 1 year later...

Well, I suppose all 600T have the same issue. Yes, my case also "cracks".

It is make out of metal & plastic, the metal expands with the heat, causing noises.

I don't know where it comes from, I think it is from the side panel, which is metal plus a plastic window.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, my 600T SE makes those thermal noises too.

I took off my top fan 9 years ago when I put my first system for this case in and ended up going about 7 years until I updated the mobo/CPU and used that unused top fan for the front fan replacement. But now after few years I'm hearing some noises from it, plus it just feels time to update the look with something more modern and doesn't use 200mm fans. (just mainly gunshy from the 200mm replacement issues on this and it's still not as common).

I guess all cases with large plastic parts will creak. My 680x needed constant nudges to stop cracking whenever i was playing games.

Also, thin steel with thick paint won't behave the same as thick steel.. hopes Corsair bean counters will read that for future cases :)

• 2 years later...

Hi there,

I know, this is an old topic, but I want to add that it happens to me too... It is a constant "crack" sound that starts when the inside temperature grows quickly... 

It's a so bad experience... 😞