Corsair Community

AX1200i faulty or not?

Arti

Hello everyone,

First thing, sorry if can't explain it very well.. bad english.

So, out of the blue without doing anything "heavy" just doing browsing(youtube music in the background), discord and playing a game that doesnt require any high performance my PC randomly shutdowns and trys to bootup and then stays off, but with the rgb lights from my motherboard stays on and my PSU light thats beside the self test is turning orangish/red color.

What does this means? Im afraid to turn it back on as i don't want to lose any parts that might get damage.

This PSU is almost 2 months old and i got this one from RMA.

Any idea what i can do?

Test the PSU without any hardware connected to it. Check standby voltage first, then short PS_ON to GND and check all other voltages, including PG signal, which should output 5V. If all voltages are within specs, test it with your system.

Test the PSU without any hardware connected to it. Check standby voltage first, then short PS_ON to GND and check all other voltages, including PG signal, which should output 5V. If all voltages are within specs, test it with your system.

How am i going todo this? I'm pretty noob in this kind of stuff..

How am i going todo this? I'm pretty noob in this kind of stuff..

Use a paperclip or a piece of wire to short the PS_ON to GND and a multimeter to check the voltages. Download an ATX pinout diagram to find out which pin corresponds to what.

A multimeter is needed to check the votages. You might get away without one, but you won't know if the voltages are safe or out of specs.

To see if the PSU just turns on, you will need to short PS_ON to GND. If it turns on, it is probably fine, you might test it with your hardware.

It's your hardware, but I wouldn't risk it, a multimeter is $15-$25, it's worth investing into, considering a bad PSU will cost you much more in complete hardware replacement.

A multimeter is needed to check the votages. You might get away without one, but you won't know if the voltages are safe or out of specs.

To see if the PSU just turns on, you will need to short PS_ON to GND. If it turns on, it is probably fine, you might test it with your hardware.

It's your hardware, but I wouldn't risk it, a multimeter is $15-$25, it's worth investing into, considering a bad PSU will cost you much more in complete hardware replacement.

Oke thank u, I will try to find a way todo that..