Corsair Community

Corsair RGB fan controller hub burnt

DrPolo

Hello, I've ordered a Corsair RBG fan hub controller online and received it on the 5th November, after installing it on the same day, following the instructions, I've plugged my PC back in and as soon as I turned it on, a load of black smoke came out from behind the panel which made me turn it off immediately. After removing the panel more smoke came out which sounded the fire alarm and I've noticed that the SATA power cable from the controller has fully burnt down damaging my other cable components. (H150i pro hydro series cooler). If I return the product, do I get compensation for the damage the faulty product has caused? And what are my options. I've reported it to the corsair support members but they've not explained it clearly on what happens. I've shopped with corsair multiple times and never experienced a single problem until now.

20191105_184704.thumb.jpg.1989278189d9a4ffa641ffbff81d46c0.jpg

That typically happens with a short. It could be that the LNP is miswired but we've seen it more often when folks use the wrong power cables in a modular PSU. Did you only use cables that came with your PSU? Is there anything else on the cable from the PSU?