Corsair Community

Unsure how to link 9 fans

tomkun

Hey guys so I'm in the process of building my first gaming pc and I'm a little lost on how to connect my fans. I already have a corsair ICU h150I elite capallix and it comes with the iCUE Commander CORE, I will have 9 fans totally (this includes the 3 on my AIO). Will I have to buy any thing else to make all my fans/rgb work?

Well, that depends on what you've already purchased.

The Commander Core will only control 6 fans. So ... you'll need a Lighting Node Pro/Commander Pro and a Fan Hub or a Lighting Node Core. The LNP/Fan Hub and the LNC do come with various multipacks of the fans ... which is why it depends on what you've already purchased. If you provide a rundown of exactly what you've purchased in addition to the H150i Elite, then we can let you know where things are.

Well, that depends on what you've already purchased.

The Commander Core will only control 6 fans. So ... you'll need a Lighting Node Pro/Commander Pro and a Fan Hub or a Lighting Node Core. The LNP/Fan Hub and the LNC do come with various multipacks of the fans ... which is why it depends on what you've already purchased. If you provide a rundown of exactly what you've purchased in addition to the H150i Elite, then we can let you know where things are.

Hey so the only fans I've bought so far was my corsair AIO, I haven't bought the other 6 fans yet but I was planning on getting the corsair LL120 pro rgb 120.

I was thinking of powering/controlling the first 6 fans off the commander core, then powering 3 fans off the motherboard using a 1 to 3 splitter. Can I control those last three rgb using the rgb lighting hub and corsair lighting node pro thats comes included with the fans?

Edited by tomkun

The multipack of the LL's will come with a Lighting Node Pro and RGB Fan LED Hub. You'll be able to control the RGB for 6 fans with that, no problem.

You can power 3 fans off of the motherboard, sure. But you should be able to do it from the Commander Core using a three 2x PWM splitters. That will give you the advantage of software based control. But - completely up to you.

The multipack of the LL's will come with a Lighting Node Pro and RGB Fan LED Hub. You'll be able to control the RGB for 6 fans with that, no problem.

You can power 3 fans off of the motherboard, sure. But you should be able to do it from the Commander Core using a three 2x PWM splitters. That will give you the advantage of software based control. But - completely up to you.

I didn't know I could use the splitters on the commander core, but that will be the route I go with, thank you for your help!

I didn't know I could use the splitters on the commander core, but that will be the route I go with, thank you for your help!

You can ... just not 3-way splitters, only 2-way splitters.

We've seen the Commander Pro have issues with 3-way splitters. The CoCo may not have the same issue but why risk it if you don't have to?