Corsair Community

Zotty's CORSAIR RGB Hardware and iCUE Eco-System FAQ

Zotty

Hello,

I have bought the case 570X with rgb fan led hub and 3 Fans SP120 RGB.

I have bought too a 4th Fan SP120 RGB Pro, and just discovered I could'nt plug it on the rgb hub with the other fans (different models: non pro vs pro)

So, if I buy the the commander pro, I would be able to plug the rgb fan led hub and its free SP RGB Fans on led port 1, and my 4th fan SP120 RGB pro on led port 2.

And then plug the commander pro on motherboard (mobo usb port) to manage the whole system ?

Am I right ?

Thanks

Hello,

I have bought the case 570X with rgb fan led hub and 3 Fans SP120 RGB.

I have bought too a 4th Fan SP120 RGB Pro, and just discovered I could'nt plug it on the rgb hub with the other fans (different models: non pro vs pro)

So, if I buy the the commander pro, I would be able to plug the rgb fan led hub and its free SP RGB Fans on led port 1, and my 4th fan SP120 RGB pro on led port 2.

And then plug the commander pro on motherboard (mobo usb port) to manage the whole system ?

Am I right ?

Thanks

Kinda almost. You can't connect a fan's RGB directly to the CoPro or NoPro - you'd need a fan hub or a 3rd party adapter.

I bought 7 ql fans separately and one rgb strip. What do I need for hubs and can I connect the rgb strip(CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO) to a lightning node core? Also I bought a commander pro

You need an RGB Fan LED Hub (https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Accessories/CORSAIR-RGB-Fan-LED-Hub/p/CO-8950020). This will connect to the Commander Pro and allow you to control 6 QL Fans. For the 7th, there are 3rd party RGB Fan Splitters available.

You can't connect the strips to a Lighting Node Core. The LNC is a single channel with fan hub integrated into one and it connects via USB. If you have one (and it doesn't sound like you do), you can control the QL fans with that.

I’d like to get a guru to verify my setup, if possible. It’s been a long road of reading/learning about Corsair’s RGB products and I think I finally understand.

I’m about to start a build in a Corsair 4000X, which comes with three SP elite fans and a Lighting Node Core. I am adding 3 QL120 fans to the case, and they come with a LNC as well. I’m getting a Commander Pro as well.

Knowing that you aren’t really supposed to mix models of fans on a LNC, I’ll be using separate LNCs for the 3 fans of each model.

Each LNC will plug into the CoPro’s USB ports, and all 6 PWM cables will connect to the CoPro. There is no need to have an LED control cable from the Lighting Node Cores to the Commander Pro’s LED headers, because Lighting Node Cores have that built in, correct? A Lighting Node CORE is basically an RGB hub and a Lighting Node Pro combined.

For additional in-case lighting I ordered a Lighting Node Pro that comes with 4 RGB LED strips. Is it correct to say that I don’t actually need the Lighting Node Pro because I can connect the RGB strips directly to the LED headers on the CoPro?

I’d like to get a guru to verify my setup, if possible. It’s been a long road of reading/learning about Corsair’s RGB products and I think I finally understand.

I’m about to start a build in a Corsair 4000X, which comes with three SP elite fans and a Lighting Node Core. I am adding 3 QL120 fans to the case, and they come with a LNC as well. I’m getting a Commander Pro as well.

Knowing that you aren’t really supposed to mix models of fans on a LNC, I’ll be using separate LNCs for the 3 fans of each model.

Each LNC will plug into the CoPro’s USB ports, and all 6 PWM cables will connect to the CoPro. There is no need to have an LED control cable from the Lighting Node Cores to the Commander Pro’s LED headers, because Lighting Node Cores have that built in, correct? A Lighting Node CORE is basically an RGB hub and a Lighting Node Pro combined.

For additional in-case lighting I ordered a Lighting Node Pro that comes with 4 RGB LED strips. Is it correct to say that I don’t actually need the Lighting Node Pro because I can connect the RGB strips directly to the LED headers on the CoPro?

Sounds like you have it well planned out; everything looks good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Let me know if I should just start a new thread for this big question or if I should post somewhere else, I just thought this would be the better place for it

I’m about to build my first PC and I wanna go crazy on the RGB lol. I’ve been reading a lot of stuff and this thread (and forums) have been extremely helpful.

But if I could, I would like to confirm if my setup is correct before proceeding with the purchases, my build is:

• Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL (has 1 led strip in the front)
  • Corsair H150i Elite Capellix (comes with a Commander Core)
  • 10 QL Fans – 3 will replace or push-pull the H150i (in case of push-pull, no LED control is required on the ML’s) (will come with a total of 3 Lighting Node Cores)
  • Lian Li Strimer Plus 24 pin
  • Lian Li Strimer Plus 8 pin
  • Motherboard is: ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

I would love to control all of these in iCUE and from what I read, it’s possible and my plan would be:

• Connect the 3 ML fans and 3 QL fans of the H150i to the Commander Core and this goes into 1 Mobo USB (I don’t really care about the MLs rgb at this point, but I figured it would be better to keep them together

• Connect the 3 bottom QL fans and the 3 Lian Li Rgb Connecions (adapter required) to a Lighting Core and into a motherboard USB

• Connect the 3 top QL fans and the 1 in the rear on another Lighting Core and into a motherboard USB

And I would need:

1. 3 x Adapter for Lian Li Case and Strimer Cables to Corsair (https://www.amazon.ca/EZDIY-FAB-Adapter-Lighting-Commander-Devices-2/dp/B07XNZ5PC7/)

- Is this correct? Would this allow me to connect it straight to the Lighting Node Core and control through iCUE?

2. PWM repeaters/splitters

3. What about the rest? The 3 Lighting Node Cores provides me with a total of 18 connections – which makes me believe that I don’t need a Commander Pro or anything else.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback and suggestions, the main goal is to control everything (or as much as possible through iCUE). As it is my first PC build, I’m trying to learn as much as possible by reading everything, just wanted to make sure that my thoughts are correct.

Edit: added the PWM repeaters as a requirement

Edited by Dunmait

3 Lian Li Rgb Connecions (adapter required) to a Lighting Core

1. 3 x Adapter for Lian Li Case and Strimer Cables to Corsair (https://www.amazon.ca/EZDIY-FAB-Adapter-Lighting-Commander-Devices-2/dp/B07XNZ5PC7/)

- Is this correct? Would this allow me to connect it straight to the Lighting Node Core and control through iCUE?

That wont work buddy.

Lighting Node Core is for RGB Fan connections only. which are 4 pin.. the adapter you are looking at is 3pin which will only fit the 3 pin connections on the RGB channels on the Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro.

That wont work buddy.

Lighting Node Core is for RGB Fan connections only. which are 4 pin.. the adapter you are looking at is 3pin which will only fit the 3 pin connections on the RGB channels on the Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro.

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking about getting a Commander Pro to be able to control the fan speed with iCUE as well, might as well go for it with this information.

Updating:

1. Connect the 3 ML fans and 3 QL fans of the H150i (push-pull) to the Commander Core and this goes into 1 USB slot of the Commander Pro
  2. Connect the 3 bottom QL fans to a Lighting Core and into the other USB Slot of the Commander Pro
  3. Connect the 3 top QL fans and the 1 in the rear on another Lighting Core and into a motherboard USB
  4. Connect the 2 Lian Li cables (24 pin and 8 pin) to an adapter and into Commander Pro’s LED Ports
  5. Use PWM splitters/repeaters to connect the 7 fans (items 2 and 3) to the Commander Pro
  6. Control the front “LED strip” of the Lian Li O11 in its button I guess

Would this be the best solution? I would love to control the front LED with iCUE as well, but I don’t know if it’s worth getting another Commander Pro or Lighting Pro just for that, is there any alternative?

Edit: Just found this on Amazon: would this work to connect everything? (Group up the 8-pin + Front case LED Strip together and the 24 pin into another port)

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07Z1338XY/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_fabt1_SSrTFb5XKVGWW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks again

Edited by Dunmait

yeah that would work buddy. Re the PWM splitters.. 7 fans in total would be fine so just use a PWM y splitter. i have done this.... no Hot Swapping at all.. Commander Pro says NO! ;)... (note.. use of Y splitters is not supported by Corsair).

yeah that would work buddy. Re the PWM splitters.. 7 fans in total would be fine so just use a PWM y splitter. i have done this.... no Hot Swapping at all.. Commander Pro says NO! ;)... (note.. use of Y splitters is not supported by Corsair).

Awesome, that's what I'm going with then, I'll start buying all the parts

Thanks Zotty!

Just wanted to share the Diagram that I came up with after all my research, hope this is correct and that it could potentially help others too.

Couldn't post image here, so I attached (sorry, I'm a noob).

0T2XWBu

Edit: Upgraded Diagram - no need for the led splitter as Lin Li Strimers cables comes with a box that can replace it, also reducing the adapters needed.

1965949249_O11XL10QLH150iCapellix2StrimerPlusv2.thumb.png.21a147af39fd1d2ff95718e4b5ba6fdb.png

Edited by Dunmait
fixed image (tried to)

Hello, not sure if anyone has answered this.

I have the Lian Li PC011-DX and I planning on getting the H150i ELITE CAPELLIX. In addition to this I will be running 6 other QL120 fans so there will be 9 fans total. What is the most efficient way to hook all this up? Has anyone made a diagram for this yet? Thanks in advance.

Hello, not sure if anyone has answered this.

I have the Lian Li PC011-DX and I planning on getting the H150i ELITE CAPELLIX. In addition to this I will be running 6 other QL120 fans so there will be 9 fans total. What is the most efficient way to hook all this up? Has anyone made a diagram for this yet? Thanks in advance.

Hopefully you'll get at least 1 QL multipack that will come with a Lighting Node Core. While you might be able to get away with using splitters with the QL fans, it's a bit iffy on the power and I'd recommend against it. It'd be safer to put at least some of your fans on a separate Lighting Node Core (that comes with the QL fans).

Hi Zotty -

I've been reading this thread since I began to consider a 1000d. Now that I have it, and am nearing the time to build (2020 eh? gotta love fighting for parts), I find myself lost.

I am planning a rather large build with 32 fans total. In looking over your excellent diagrams, it seems it's all geared towards using RGB hubs and not the Lighting Node Cores that will come with the QL fans I'm planning to use (and are in route to me).

Since the LNCs connect to the CoPros differently than the RGB hubs, I'm afraid I have no idea how I'd string this all together. Well, I can wrap my head around it, but I keep ending up needing a ton of CoPros daisy chained together.

What complicates this is something in your very first post:

In regards to the RGB hubs - "When bought on it's own you don't get the RGB 3 Pin (twin cable) data connection cable with it for connection to CoPro or NoPro"

So... that in mind - how would I do this?

If the RGB hubs bought separately don't have what's needed to connect to CoPro, then am I left with only the two USB headers on the CoPros to connect the LNCs to? If this is correct, won't this have me needing a ton of CoPros since daisy chaining them will eat up one of those two USB headers...

And to make things even more interesting - my loops are going to be Hydro X stuff, so I've got pumps, blocks and all that to consider too. Aren't those going to need to be connected up to CoPro as well in there?

Any help would be tremendous and much appreciated. If you need me to be more specific about all the loop parts, please just let me know.

Thank you kindly!

Hi buddy..

so. i use splitters on my RGB hubs so that i can run more than one per LED channel.. 'cloning', each hub displays the same thing.. and icue would see them as one single hub of up to 6 fans.

i have ran up to 8 hubs on a channel with no issues,

the spiltter

RGB HUB Splitter

can be seen used here

http://i.imgur.com/Q2bE2bml.jpg

Thanks for the reply sir!

So, I see how I could do that, but that's using the RGB hubs and I'm still stumped by the "if purchased separately..." part. I see where I can pick up the RGB hubs on the store for like $10 each - great! But will it have the connector to plug it in to CoPro?

Edited to add: Hang on, I think I realized I'm an idiot... By using the splitter - that's what connects to CoPro, do I have that correct?

Edited by xomnow
I'm a goof...

would still need the 3pin/2 core cable that goes between the hub and the commander pro.. commander Pro's come with 2 of them. there was talk of them being supplied with the hubs of late. but i can not confirm. but all is not lost anyways as PirateDogTech could sort that RGB Hub Cable Edited by Zotty

would still need the 3pin/2 core cable that goes between the hub and the commander pro.. commander Pro's come with 2 of them. there was talk of them being supplied with the hubs of late. but i can not confirm. but all is not lost anyways as PirateDogTech could sort that RGB Hub Cable

Awesome - again tremendous help sir!

My final question for you. Those XSPC PWM splitters in your diagram seem to be discontinued - is there another brand you can recommend that play nice with the corsair environment?

Awesome - again tremendous help sir!

My final question for you. Those XSPC PWM splitters in your diagram seem to be discontinued - is there another brand you can recommend that play nice with the corsair environment?

yeah a few of the guys in my Discord Server (Corsair Case Owners Club) are using these DEEPCOOL FH-10

The last batch of fan hubs that I got (100 of them about a month ago) did not have the fan hub cables in them.

They really should come with the cable.

thanks for the update dude.. and agreed.. they shoould

Hi im new here and am looking to setup better RGB in my system, ive read thru roughly 90% of this thread already plus much other research

currently using 9 deepcool ARGBs setup with 5 on 1 channel and 4 on another which doesnt allow me to have much in the way of effects as my mobo only has 2x argb headers

soooo, ive ordered some QL's 3x 140mm for my front panel, and 6x 120's 3 for my top radiator 1 for the rear and 2 for the basement. along with a commander pro

ive seen you can only have 6x QLs on 1 channel for synced effects but im hoping i can run it as 4 and 5 like previous with front and back on 1 channel top and bottom on the other. will the commander pro be able to do this or will i need something else.

as far as i know the hubs i need come in the multi packs ive bought for the fans so should have 4 of those.

fan power control for speeds isnt an issue, just the RGB setup