Corsair Community

Corsair Void SE arm not staying in position / loose

Hey there.

So ive been using my Void Wireless SE since June 2016 and i absolutely love it. Its just great, even got a few of my friends to buy it. Sure, there have been some hickups with the software over the years but nothing major.

The headset works just fine, the battery still holds up (although i will replace the battery soon i think) and its just great, however: The mic arm has that system where you can fold it up and its supposed to stay in one of like 10 positions (excuse my choice of words, im not a native speaker). That doesnt really work for me anymore. It is no longer staying in the positions i put it into, it just folds down. That means, when i want the mic out of the way (when drinking something for example) it will immediately drop into the lowest position. There was a bit of feedback back when i first got it, but now it feels like the mechanism that keeps the arm fixed has just used itself up.

So, as i am out of warranty and think of myself as fairly capable of repairing stuff (really into RC and Hardware) i decided to open the left earpiece. IMG_20201120_183859.thumb.jpg.b5bae9b7bbaca9d0ff81651c14eaf99b.jpg

IMG_20201120_183908.thumb.jpg.b1e20909be68cc54cf6ba807b295e7a3.jpg

as may or not be able to see, the little bumps have been mostly carved away over the years (well, to be fair i have had that problem for about 3 years but i didnt really care until now).

So, back to my question: Doesn anyone have any idea where i could get a replacement for this? I`d go ahead and have it 3D printed if Corsair still has the documentation and is willing to share it. Maybe someone has a dead unit and would have thrown it away (i`d disassemble it to get that one small part).

Im not a fan of throwing away electronics that still work perfectly fine, especially when they are not outdated.

Would really appreciate if someone could help me with this.

Greetings, Tea

Edit: I forgot to mention, im from europe so i cant really use corsairs replacement shop to buy new cable and new eracups. (it got damaged on the micro usb side a bit and the earcups started having the "leather" flake off)

Edited by CuriosiTea

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...