Corsair Community

How to fix animation lag with Corsair RGB Keyboards.

Sammyjo20

Get that annoying lag with your keys if you have a ripple effect or anything else? This is usually caused by high CPU usage. There is a really simple fix for this.

You will have to do this each time you load the CUE Software:

- Go to Task Manager (CTRL + ALT + DEL)

- Select the "Details" tab

- Find "CorsairHID.exe"

- Right click on it and select "Set Priority"

- Select "High"

- There might be a message about system instability, just click "Change Priority" if the message appears.

Your problem should now be fixed. It works really well with me as I have a dual core Pentium G3258 so when things get to 90-100% it can struggle doing the effects, but not anymore.

Hope this helps!

- Sam

It shouldn't really require this change, if it lags or gets locked something else is the problem. That said I recall reading they are looking into a bug that makes the animations lag on certain configurations, this might be the case with you too.

Could you post the CUE logs from your computer? It might help Corsair track the issue.

Well, it seemed to work for me fine. I don't think there was an external issue with the software. I just found that when my computer got to 90-100% load on some games or when loading stuff, the animations lagged. Just thought I should put it on here anyway, as it may fix some things :)

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...