Corsair Community

What can make LED strips flicker with ICUE but not other RGB software or hardware?

NadeMagnet

My Acer CG7 monitor came with 2x 30 LED strips and 2x 15 LED strips. The RGB headers on the acer stopped working so I got 2 more LNP (lol I have 5 now and 1 commander) for cheap on ebay and made JST-SM to Corsair adapter cables from my extra Corsair and JST cables. 1 of the 30 LED strips flickers. It's not an on off flicker but a bright to dim flicker, enough to still be noticeable behind the monitor, especially on modes that change color fast which seems to make it flicker a lot more. I know it's not the cables or the LNP. I tried the 3 different cables I made and both LNP, and made sure everything was as well connected as possible. Plus I tried the other x30 LED strip and that one works fine. I know it's not the LED strip itself because I tried it both with my MOBO's Polychrome and also the RGB fan hub from my Anidees case, and it works just fine with both even on fast changing color modes. I know it's not a power problem, I yanked a 650W PSU from an old PC and mounted it under my desk and all it has to run is 2 LNP and some LED. I tested the "bad" one with nothing else daisy chained to it plus again, the other one works just fine.

So what gives? lol Why doesn't that particular strip not like ICUE?

So I've yanked it from the setup and I'm currently using crappy polychrome to run it. The other 3 Acer strips as well as 4 corsair strips are being run by the 2 LNP. So this isn't exactly a pressing issue. But it's got me damn curious.

Edited by Technobeard
removed off-topic colorful language

Power output? I've made custom cables myself for ARGB on my copro, and flickering could be caused by a lack of power output or an incorrect number of LED's set i guess?

The power requirements should be the same between both 30 LED strips. One works right on all 3 of the cables I made, one flickers on all 3. Then works properly when used by something else.