Corsair Community

Corsair Fans, Commander Pro & Lian Li RGB

PET

Hey guys,

No idea where to post this so please move this topic to the correct place.

I have just build a new PC and I felt into the RGB Trap :D

I have a Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL case.

I bought 4x Corsair LL120 fans.

My plan is to buy another 3x Corsair LL120 & Commander Pro.

I do have some doubts about the Commander Pro especially after reading about the problems with it.

Anyway. One other thing I want to buy is some cooler cables for the PSU & GPU. I was looking into the Corsair Pro things but they seem a bit too expensive, so I thought... let's look into some RGB cables.

So I'm now looking at Lian Li Strimer 24.

Problem:

Can the Lian Li Strimer Plus & Lian Li Case RGB strip be connected into the Commander Pro? From what I see they use that 3 pin cable (5V). Right now my Lightstrip from the case is connected into the Motherboard D_LED.

My guess is that the answer will be no, so I'm looking for alternatives on how to do this better.

I did try to install Gigabyte RGB Fusion (I have a GIGABYTE AORUS PRO AC B550 motherboard) and try to controll the RGB strip from there, but it's not working it.

Can someone help me on how to do this the ideal way? 3rd fallback is not to buy a RGB cable and just buy a normal pro PSU cable. I have a Corsair HX1000 PSU so the cables have to be Type 4. Btw, does anyone know if the Lian Li Strimer Plus works with Type 4?

Thanks

Edited by PET

• 1 month later...

I'm currently doing a build with the Lian Li 011D XL and the strimer plus (both GPU and Mobo). I purchased 3 of these cables: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corsair-RGB-to-Aura-Mystic-Light-Motherboard-A-RGB-Adapter/372521827376?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I hope to have the build done within a day or 2 and will let you know how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...