Corsair Community

GPU VRAM fan noise

yuang

Hi! Recently bought a (barely) used corsair one pro (7700k/gtx 1080ti) and got a few questions about the GPU VRAM fan

- Is it suppose to be audible at idle across the room (about 4 meters) its very annoying and noticeable. The fan on top is super quiet even when i take it off and put my ear few cm away.

- When I play more demanding games around 50% load the GPU VRAM fan goes into vacuum cleaner mode. I play on a 1080p tv with mid/high settings with games like Detroit become human and Assassin's Creed Odyssey

I usually never tweak my pc, but I tried msi afterburner and undervolted the gpu around 70% and lowered fan curve to around 1300 RPM. The GPU + CPU is stable around 70c, but the GPU VRAM fan is still way to loud. I updated windows 10, Nvidia drivers, corsair link and cleaned out the fan. What else can I do??

You do still have the pumps for the coolers on the CPU and GPU, so you may be hearing them. Just in case, reach out to Support and see if you can give them a recording so they can look further into it.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I submitted a request for support on 24th of July still no responds back. I made a few audio recordings for your hearing pleasure. The computer is sitting on the desk 40cm away from recording and I made few mouse clicks also 40cm away as benchmark. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1quUU9dHhDxZq4HkEiAi-Qs1fKtGWiSAK

Idle: you can clearly hear the gpu VRAM fan

100%: this is all auto without any adjustment to gpu power or fan curve.

70%: decreased to 70% gpu power and fan curve to around 1300rpm basically very quiet, but that only controls the top fan so in recording you hear only the gpu VRAM fan going.

In both settings the temps are stable around 70C and gpu load around 50% on a 1080p tv playing Detroit become human.

4k: just for fun I tried on a 4k tv with 4k settings and got 100% load and around 85C with jet engine noice.

So is this normal??

It sounds fine, but I'd like to get Support to address it with you. Can you PM me your ticket number and I'll get more eyes (and ears!) on it.

Not sure if you got my dm?

Does support usually take 3 weeks to respond?