Corsair Community

240hz 1440p 10-color bit gaming monitor

Hello there!

I'm tempted to purchase the new Samsung Odyssey g7 which features 10bit color, 240Hz 1440p monitor. I have a few concerns if the DP cable from the 2080TI inside corsair one to the chassis will support this as I kinda heard a comment from Jayztwocent video where he mods the corsair one that the cables inside the chassis are downgraded.

monitor: https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/27--odyssey-g7-gaming-monitor-lc27g75tqsnxza/

jay video: [ame]

[/ame]

look at 04:00 minutes into the video.

Looking forward to answers from the community.

Sincerely regards!

Yea good call out. Corsair, whats your response to what Jay said? He called out the internal cables being not up to spec with the rest of the hardware saying its a flaw in the design pretty much. Has this been addressed? This guy has been doing PC's for decades he knows what he's talking about. Edited by zguy85

Yea good call out. Corsair, whats your response to what Jay said? He called out the internal cables being not up to spec with the rest of the hardware saying its a flaw in the design pretty much. Has this been addressed? This guy has been doing PC's for decades he knows what he's talking about.

Right, then intentions here is not to call out on Corsair for using a solution that limits the potential output of the hardware but more to learn whether or not we can expect the corsair one i160 to be able to output 1440p 240hz. I also added the 10 bit color depth as I think this will also require some additional data (I think the usual color depth on most monitor today is 8 bit).

In other words, I was hoping someone here has direct knowledge on the matter instead of me starting to google for hours to learn this myself. It would kind of suck if I decide to go for the monitor and then the computer wont be able to utilize the monitors potential.

• 1 month later...

I tried to google this myself, but I could not find any information on what bandwidth the internal DP cables are.

I'm quite confident that DP 1.4 would support 1440p 240Hz at least, but not sure if it supports full 10 bit (or HDR10) :P would be pleased if anyone who knows could tell.

edit: I think I was not clear of what I asked so I ask if internal DP cables support 1440p + 240Hz + 10bit color depth

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I've recently learned that I'm asking if the internal cables support Display Stream Compression (DSC). Might be wrong, but I think all 20- generation cards supports DSC while older generation does not. However, as there are other internal cables inside C1, I dont know if they will support this bandwidth.

edit: typos

• 6 months later...
I have both the Samsung G9 and i165 everything works fine with the 2080ti I do get slight flickering in game at 5120x1440, 120hz, 10bit, HDR with G-Sync enabled so I have to currently disable it don't notice much of a difference. Might be the cable extensions inside or the monitor firmware. It is on the latest as of now 1010.2. I also have the older 2017/2018 Corsair one with the 1070 and it doesn't work at all anything past 60hz and it flickers like crazy in Windows. It definitely is the display port extensions inside, works at 120hz directly to video card ports.

I"m running the LG 27GN950 at 2160p 144hz GSYNC HDR 10bpc on a 2080 Super in the a100.

The monitor does complain that I'm not using the original cables, which I'm attributing to the cable extensions. Other than that, I'm not having any issues. No screen flickering or anything.