Corsair Community

H100i Platinum Single Maxed Out Fan

BurritoFather

So about a year ago I put together this computer and I have tried to look past this issue but I just can't any longer. I'm tired of how loud it is when the computer has no reason to be. In ICUE I have one fan on my H100i that is maxed out constantly, from the moment I boot it up to the moment I shut it down or put it to sleep. It is only one fan though, the other fan will respond to any setting I put it to. The top fan though, or fan 1 will not respond to even zero RPM. I have looked desperately for the past month on these forums and others with no luck, other people have the issue but I never get an answer the fixes my problem. For a heads up on how it is set up. The fan's are plugged into the fan headers on the pump and the pump is plugged into the cpu_fan1 header on my motherboard and then the micro USB is plugged into a USB header on the board. Like I said before one will change speed and one will not. The PC idles at around 30-31C so I know it is not an overheating issue causing the fan to override the ICUE settings. I'm also using the preset fan modes (Quiet for the fans and Balanced for the pump) so I'm pretty sure it is already set to be taking the temp reading from the pump and not the CPU. One last thing I checked was to max out speeds in bios from their default settings with no luck there either. If anyone has a fix please help me. I'll post a pic of what my ICUE settings looks like on the H100i.

132779522_ICUESettings.thumb.PNG.b20fa6d5747a0847a7dd3f731a415635.PNG

1) Swap the two fans on the splitter from the pump. Prior fan #1 is now on channel 2. If the controller is at fault, new fan 1 is at max. If the fan is at fault, the problem moved to channel 2.

2) If the controller was the problem (fan 1 still at max), you likely need to force update the firmware for the Platinum. CUE settings, check for firmware update, it tells you it’s up to date, then ‘force update’. The cooler will go offline for 3-5 seconds. If your not comfortable doing this, skip to step 3.

3) Contact Corsair support — either for a new fan or a new cooler. You should not have waited this long and the problem is too irritating. You might be able to get immediate relief by connecting both fans to channel 2 with a standard PWM splitter if you have one. Even if this is a “bad fan”, putting the misbehaving one on the 3 pin end of a dual splitter may bring it back in line while the other fan passes the tach signal back to the controller.

When going to move the respective connections like you told me I moved the header for fan 1 just enough that it started working. I guess it just wasn't seated properly and I never bothered to check. Thanks for the help, I seriously have no idea why checking to see if it was seated correctly never hit me.