Corsair Community

Vengence LPX Frequency not recognized

GiulioPer

I have a ASUS Z370-P (bios v 2401) with 2x4gb crucial DDR4 2666 MHz which are correctly installed.

Today I added 2x4gb Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 2666 MHz (CMK8GX4M2A2666C16) and the frequency detected is 2333 Mhz (in the bios) and cpuz says it is DDR4-2132 (1066 Mhz)..

how can I fix this issue?

the cpu is Intel i3, 8100 3.60 ghz

thanks!

The Vengeance LPX standard SPD speed of DDR4-2133, so that is what the MB defaults to when they are installed. The actual specs are programmed in a XMP, which has to manually enabled, while the Crucial probably are native DDR4-2666 modules (with CL19-19-19 timings?).

If not all four modules feature the same XMP, that option might not be available in BIOS, so you would have to manually overclock them instead.

In general it is not recommended to mix memory of different types, because of the risk of incompatibilities and other headaches it can create. So for plug & play get a single 16GB kit, that is compatible with your motherboard. If that model features a XMP, all you have to do is enable it. Otherwise the motherboard will automatically configure the fastest available and supported standard profile. The product pages do list, if a certain model utilizes the XMP standard for its specifications.