Corsair Community

How to mix LL120 and ML140 lighting in one lighting node?

Midiamp

So, I'm in a conundrum here. I have one LL120 and two ML140 but one lighting node pro and RGB hub. I bought a single pack LL120 a year ago for proof of concept about all this RGB trend. I'm not sold to RGB, it's just too distracting. However I do find physically showing the processor temperature is quite useful.

So the thing is my previous lighting node pro was a borrowed item and the owner requested it back, so I just bought an ML140 2 pack to specifically buy the lighting node... Now, I just know that I can't link the LL120 and ML140 on one channel. Is there anything I could do without buying an extra multi pack of Corsair's RGB fan?

The usage scenario is quite simple, the LL120 on exhaust displays temperature, while the front ML140 on intake as static lighting.

Well ... you can put them on the same fan hub. However, you'd have to configure them as 2 LL fans and some effects may be odd. The ML fans will map to 4 LEDs on one of the "LL" fans in the configuration.

So ... I'd suggest putting the LL fan on the first port and the ML fan(s) on the second.

Maybe it's the new iCue protocol? When I select LL as the fan type, by default no RGB at all. However when I go to the effect setup (the one with the dots) I can select the region of the RGB. The odd thing is that whenever I set the region of the RGB on each group (the LL and ML), only one group's RGB turned on, while the other automatically turned off. It's not until I set to HD RGB, then all fan's RGB lights up. All effect runs as it should, so I don't know if it's unintended bug, but it's one fine bug that I hope won't get fixed.

No, there is no "iCue Protocol" for the RGB LEDs. They are WS2812B LEDs. My guess is that you've got something not quite right in the configuration.

I've run:

HD and ML combined (configured as HDs)

ML and strips combined (configured as LLs)

LL and HD combined (configued as LLs)

Archived