Corsair Community

K55 RGB Help

TheOriginalBabu

Hello, got my triple Corsair combo yesterday, Void Pro, Glaive, and K55, loving them so far.

However I am having trouble setting up my K55, specifically I wish for the "Q" key to trigger an orange ripple effect on key press (to sync with my bomb detonation button in Just Cause 3). I noticed there is no way to program the "On key press" function as, my keyboard has only 3 RGB lighting zones. Is there any way I can still do this? To me it seems like a simple effect overlook from the Corsair Software Design team, as such idea of splitting key press triggers on to the RGB lights is not compatible with my keyboard, but I would assume as I paid for this Corsair product, support will be ensured?

Running iCue 3.4

P.S. Is the K55 worth it? Is there a better value for money? The max I'm willing to spend is around $150 CAD.

The function you want works better on keyboards with control of lighting on each LED. I'd say that you should look into mechanical keyboards and see if you like how they feel. Also, I'd say for keyboards, you should give the Strafe RGB a look.

• Corsair Employee
It has way more than 3 keys, though. I can assign macros to them, why can't I trigger lighting effects?

I believe there is a misunderstanding here, yes the keyboard lights up more than 3 keys but realistically the keyboard itself is made up of 3 lighting zones. It is very limited in terms of lighting configurations, you may want to look another keyboard to meet your desired RGB configurations.

I know. Can't I get a key press, to light up all of they keyboards zones (in a certain color), for a few seconds? I know that I can just think of this of having 3 RGB lights stuck to the bottom, but that should still mean I can control them with a key press.

I mean, I see no reason why I can't do this besides iCue limitations.

I know. Can't I get a key press, to light up all of they keyboards zones (in a certain color), for a few seconds? I know that I can just think of this of having 3 RGB lights stuck to the bottom, but that should still mean I can control them with a key press.

I mean, I see no reason why I can't do this besides iCue limitations.

And they want you to spend $100+ more for another buggy keyboard to do it. There is no technical reason you couldn't say, have all lighting zones set to a certain color on a keypress, you wouldn't get a "wave" effect, as there are only 3 lighting zones, and not individual key lights, but there's no technical reason (outside of Corsair's shoddy software) that this couldn't be done.

Archived