Corsair Community

Node Pro and LS100 strips - it works, but...?

I recently found a thread that suggested there might be a power problem running my LS100 lights on a Node Pro. Can anyone confirm this might be the case?

Since the power's coming from the SATA power, I was surprised to find that power might be an issue.

There's more LEDs in the LS100, but I was able to make them work by telling ICue that I had two light strips, and one strip plus five lights of the next works fine to light up one LS100 strip. And I tell you, this case has never looked better. =D

My point, I guess, is - at what point do I need to worry about power draw?

The Node Pro is limited by its 4.5a sata power connector where as the LS100 has a wall outlet powered PSU.. as long as you tell icue they are strips you are limited by icue and indeed the LED count that it can apply to the node pro so you shouldn't have an issue afaik.. stay with in the rules.... do not start telling it its another device connected to increase LED count. Edited by Zotty

Thanks for clarifying the power issue, Zotty.

I am a bit confused by this bit:

stay with in the rules.... do not start telling it its another device connected to increase LED count.

iCue only shows 10 LEDs per strip, but the LS100 has 15. By telling iCue I have 3 strips, I get all 30 lights on the LS100. If I 'stay within the rules' I'd only get 2/3 of the available lights, the last half of the second strip would be blank.

Or am I mis-reading what you're saying?

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9.4.2020 at 11:41, NFGx said:

Jeg har for nylig fundet en tråd, der foreslog, at der kunne være et strømproblem med at køre mine LS100-lys på en Node Pro. Kan nogen bekræfte, at dette er tilfældet?

Da strømmen kommer fra SATA-strømmen, var jeg overrasket over at finde ud af, at strøm kunne være et problem.

Der er flere lysdioder i LS100, men jeg var i stand til at få dem til at virke ved at fortælle ICue, at jeg havde to lysstriber, og en strip plus fem lys af den næste fungerer fint til at oplyse en LS100-strimmel. Og jeg siger dig, denne sag har aldrig set bedre ud. =D

Min pointe er vel - på hvilket tidspunkt skal jeg bekymre mig om strømforbruget?

I have both. node pro can run both LS and its own RGB. . but i got problem with wet Commander pro and node pro running at the same time. my pc just shut down. fixed the issue of buying Corsair rm1000x. it has 6 sata port each and it can run 3 sata power each. now the real one is running well until now. have no problems until

• 7 months later...

Has anyone figured this out yet? I've been googling this for a while now without an answer.

I have the LS100 and the Node Pro. The Node Pro #1 spot has the corsair fan hub with 3 LL-Series fans connected.  And the #2 spot on the Node pro was empty so I put the LS-100 LED strips (2 of them) on there. and they don't work. I can't get them to light up with iCue at all.

Is that too much of a power draw for for the node pro to provide?

Would the Commander pro be a better upgrade (since they're the same price)?