Corsair Community

Suggestion: 270R version 2.0

SirEbrum

So I felt driven to make this post, as I really like this case, if it wasn't for one problem.

After shopping, watching and reading various reviews, I decided to replace my aging (huge) Corsair 400R with the smaller, sexier 270R. I have a simplistic configuration:

Asus Z170 Deluxe (i7-6700k @ 4.6/ Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512gb / 16GB RAM)

Corsair H105 (mounted at the front)

EVGA 980 Ti

HGST 3TB data HDD

I ditched my Blu-Ray player, mostly due to lack of use, so all things pointed at the 270R for me.

Having run it for almost a month now, my only complaint (read: request for the next 270R replacement) is the placement of the Power/Reset/HDD LED/USB ports. I just cannot wrap my head around what the designers were thinking. You have a windowed case, no front bay access, so why not put the ports on the same side as the window? Yes, I knew where the ports were before I bought the case, but I didn't realize how limiting that was until I actually got my hands on it and have been using it.

I have the smaller case now sitting on my desk, to the right of my monitor, to where I can see the internals (and dual 7-segment LED Diag on the MB), but I cant see HDD activity, nor do I have easy access to the USB ports without getting up. To make more space, I could rotate the case 90 degrees and place to the back of the desk, but then the USB ports are against the wall.

Corsair, if your going to build a true DIY Builders case, at least provide us the option to move that panel to the opposite side of the case, even if that means rotating that front panel 180 degrees. Having the Front Panel at the top right of the case is just a bad design, so giving us the opportunity to put it on the bottom left would be a great idea.

..and no, I'm not going to put the feet on the top of the case and flip it! I still want to see the internals on the left. :cool:

Love the case otherwise. Well done!

Archived