Corsair Community

Extremely confused RM1000X owner

1stFalloutBoy

Hi All,

I am not a newb when it comes to PC's, I have been in the industry 44 years BUT I recently brought 3 RM1000X PSU's and I can not find anywhere which of the six 8 PIN connectors on the back are EPS and which are for PCIe Video.

I've checked the manual and there is no indication and I have checked the PSU and there is no indication, I even went looking for installation videos to no avail.

My previous Silverstone Striders ( still in use ) made it extremely clear and even had different socket colours ( blue ) for you to plug the PCIe connections into so there could be no confusion.

I HATE making assumptions. Are the six 8 pin connections on the PSU all the same I.E you could plug PCIe or EPS into any of them and it would just work or are there specific connectors for specific cabling - this needs to be a lot clearer IMHO.

Thanks in advance.

• Corsair Employee
Hi All,

I am not a newb when it comes to PC's, I have been in the industry 44 years BUT I recently brought 3 RM1000X PSU's and I can not find anywhere which of the six 8 PIN connectors on the back are EPS and which are for PCIe Video.

Corsair doesn't use different connectors on the PSU for PCIe and EPS12V. All six of those 8-pin connectors on the PSU do the exact same thing.

If they were different, they would be labeled as such; as your SilverStone was.

Edited by jonnyguru