Corsair Community

Asus Armory Crate / Aura overriding iCue

Hopefully someone can help.

I recently updated both Asus Armory Crate and iCue and sadly it looks like Aura is preventing iCue profiles to control my mobo.

I have tried the following.

1) Uninstall and reinstall iCue.

2) Disable and re enable the iCue plugin.

3) Updated Armory Crate

4) Unplugged and powered down pc.

I can see the mobo in the iCue program but unfortunately none of the previous working profiles will work with the mobo.

All other rgb functions are working under iCue itself.

Thanks for any help

:[pouts:

Unfornately motherboard control will not work with Armory crate. Uninstall it and all related services, then only install Asus Aura. iCue really only needs the background service from it which is Lighting Service. Once you do that, do not open Aura, only iCue and it should work for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Your posting is similiar to mine. My Asus board lighting and also Asus Video card are now showing on iCUE latest update but still no control on the lights. I can see it on the iCUE panel and tell them to do something but yet, nothing happens.

I have been using JackRGB to control those lights somewhat....JackRGB is cool but also has it's issue with booting in the start. Most of the time I have do a restart of the app to get it control the lights. I have tried creating JackRGB as a service on my machine, I have also but it in the Task Scheduler and all that causes is the software to want to look for an update.

So in reading the reply to your post....we need uinstall Armor Crate and then leave Asus Aura installed? But is there anything within Aura that we need to do if we have had it opened before? Turn off Aura? Anything like that?

Your posting is similiar to mine. My Asus board lighting and also Asus Video card are now showing on iCUE latest update but still no control on the lights. I can see it on the iCUE panel and tell them to do something but yet, nothing happens.

I have been using JackRGB to control those lights somewhat....JackRGB is cool but also has it's issue with booting in the start. Most of the time I have do a restart of the app to get it control the lights. I have tried creating JackRGB as a service on my machine, I have also but it in the Task Scheduler and all that causes is the software to want to look for an update.

So in reading the reply to your post....we need uinstall Armor Crate and then leave Asus Aura installed? But is there anything within Aura that we need to do if we have had it opened before? Turn off Aura? Anything like that?

This happens after every update. You have to go in and delete the Asus plugin folder in the IQ program folder found here. Make sure to close IQ first.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software/plugins

For the issue with jackRGB I had the same issue with Aura until I made a short cut in the windows start up folder.

Having this same issue and for what can I take from this thread is that the only solution there is, is uninstall Armoury Crate? Or deleting the plugin and downloading it again will fix the issue? Kinda confused.