Corsair Community

1000D RGB question

HyperSin

Idk How To Set Up RGB for 1000d, i made 2 plains and idk if ither will work, i need help

I Plain to build a 1000d and i want it to be the baddest 1000d in my state

What i sent to to Corsair support team and got no answer

Idea One And Idea Two Down Below (LINKS)

Copy/Paste----> i want to get the 1000d case for my computer but the problem im coming up with is the rgb and the fans, this case holds 14 fans max at 120mm, thats how many fans i want is 14 all rgb sinked useing "CORSAIR iCUE", problem is the CORSAIR Commander PRO holds 6 fans and 2 led slots and the fans i want are "LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan" which come with "CORSAIR Lighting Node PRO" for buying the pack of 3 (total needed is 5 packs) which holds 2 more led slots, but where does it plug into the commander at, the usb slot or the led slot, either way it still wont give me enough for all 14 fans, i also looked at "CORSAIR RGB Fan LED Hub" which holds 6 fans (alot better) but still not enough, for all 14, i would need 3 of the rgb hub and 3 of the commander, and even if i did that it would be on 3 different spots on the motherboard so would that mean they all wont be sinked together so i would have to have to edit the same thing 3 different times for it to work, ik of fan splitters but idk how much power each fan port on the commander can hold, can it hold 2 3 fan splitter (1 port 3 RGB fans) and the rest 2 rgb fans on 1 port (same for the RGB Fan Hub) so they are all sinked together, and does the commander plug into a fan header cause the motherboard i got picked out is from asus and it has 1 2.0usb header it may have more and they dint post it on there website, but from what ive gathered it looks like ill need to buy separate fan controllers that hold more fans and buy like 2 of them (8 fans instead of 6) , the RGB is what im more worried about, cause i want it to be sinked for the rgb features (trail: goes from the front of the case to the back of the case then back to the front and so on (if its called trail)) what id like it to do for trail its go up both sides on the front instead of one side then the other side (would look retarted) so what do i gotta do to get all rbgs sinked and all the fans and etc, also would like to run lighting strips (if it needs it), will also have RGB ram (if i dont get the dominator platinum), Does the "Corsair Dominator Airflow Platinum LED Memory Fan Cooling" also work with CORSAIR iCUE, i dont think it does but never hurts to ask and a AIO water cooler for CPU, id like to use "Hydro Series™ H115i PRO RGB 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler" but its 140mm and i dont think 140mm fans will fit so i will have to use "Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler" because its 120mm fans (240mm rad), so again what can i do about all the RGB stuff, im getting sick of worrying ima end up buying the wrong thing, not enough or to much <--- Copy/Paste

Red: Power

Purple: RGB Fans

Green: USB

Orange/Blue: RGB Power

Yellow: Temperature

https://ibb.co/kQmtVy <----Idea One

https://ibb.co/nDZfAy <---- Idea Two

First, the CoPro has 2 internal USB headers. These can be daisy chained. There's also the NZXT internal hub that works well.

Second, I don't recommend 3-way splitters on the CoPro. While they should support up to 1.0A on each fan header with 4.5A overall across all six, we've seen folks with issues with 3-way splitters. 2-way splitters, however, seem to work well. You could also (depending on how you want to control the fans) use a powered PWM Fan Hub such as the one from Silverstone to daisy-chain 6 fans to a single CoPro header.

With iCue, you can have up to 6 LED strips on a single channel. You can configure this in Link as well by configuring 6 LED strips as 5 HD fans. Some of the effects may not be quite right but it'll work. DO NOT go beyond this - you'll be risking going over the max 4.5A current draw.

Take a look at my diagrams. Since I put this together, I've added strips to each of the strip channels as well as an additional LL fan. This should give you a pretty good idea.

ive seen your diagrams, i just want to be able to control all 14 fans for the 1000d and rgb them aswell, i dont wanna do a splitter, thats why i made idea 2, one that dint involve splitters, what i want is 14 rgb fans and 4-6 rgb strips cause the cause is huge and idk how many ill need to go around both sides of the case, i dont have a system yet thats why my system info is blank, im getting ready to build one

Archived