The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD) > SSD Firmware Update

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 11:46 AM

POST ID # = 479724
pascalbriand Reputation: 10
Default Is there a way to "force" install AHCI driver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasyap View Post
I must say, that I am probably NOT using AHCI. In Device Manager, under "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" I have only "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller". In fact, there is no BIOS so I can nowhere "turn AHCI on", but it should be on, I believe. Is there a way to "force" install AHCI driver?
Yes, when you go to change the ssd pilot, you must do it manually, and unactivate hardware compatibility. You will see all pilots. Choose now Microsoft, and you will have the choice to SATA AHCI 1.0 pilot.

That's all

Old 12-16-2010, 11:03 AM

POST ID # = 480705
sminx Reputation: 10

I just did update on my macbook pro mid 2010 from 1.1. Worked fine on 7 x86 in bootcamp (had some issues not recognizing the drive, but after update to last bootcamp and starting the update tool as admin i saw it). Started update (my drive accepted only the alternate package), system froze at 850, had to shut down it manually. After reboot i opened again software and firmware is now 2.0. Tested deep sleep mode on Leopard, working fine right now.
Looks a bit faster now (had some scattering issue before time to time).

Will update you if i got news..
Thank you

Old 05-24-2011, 07:14 PM

POST ID # = 503940
Thor74 Reputation: 10
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminx View Post
I just did update on my macbook pro mid 2010 from 1.1. Worked fine on 7 x86 in bootcamp (had some issues not recognizing the drive, but after update to last bootcamp and starting the update tool as admin i saw it). Started update (my drive accepted only the alternate package), system froze at 850, had to shut down it manually. After reboot i opened again software and firmware is now 2.0. Tested deep sleep mode on Leopard, working fine right now.
Looks a bit faster now (had some scattering issue before time to time).

Will update you if i got news..
Thank you
Did you do anything else? I have a F120 that came with fw. version 2 from the fabric and Snow Leopard is freezing on me everytime it wakes from deep sleep. It is so frustrating because the MBP (13") is new and the SSD too.

Thank you.

Last edited by Thor74; 05-24-2011 at 07:16 PM.