Corsair Community

I think I've figured out the cause of background noise issue with VOID

I've seen a lot of threads on this forums with users complaining about Void's background noise when turning up the volume >50%+

I've done a lot of testing to try and figure out what the issue was. First thing I did was uninstalling CUE. It completely fixed the problem and the background noise disappeared but that's not a very good solution since you need CUE for dolby surround.

Today I've tried disabling shadow play and it made the sound go away! I now can turn up the volume to 100% without any sort of background noise going on. As soon as I turn the shadow play back on it starts to hiss again.

To the guys with the same problem: try disabling ShadowPlay or any sort of recording program that you're using and see if it fixes the issue for you.

I'm pretty sure it's some sort of incompatibility between CUE and ShadowPlay. Devs need to look into that

Is the background noise related to Dolby? If you disable Dolby, its no different than quitting CUE. It could just be reverb related to Shadowplay and Dolby but we can check.

I don't think so. If I disable dolby the sound is still there. Even if I completely turn off CUE the sound is still there. It only disappears after I uninstall CUE/or disable ShadowPlay. The only way I can use the headset with ShadowPlay without having to deal with background noise is if I uninstall CUE

Is the background noise related to Dolby? If you disable Dolby, its no different than quitting CUE. It could just be reverb related to Shadowplay and Dolby but we can check.

Btw you could be right about reverb. Sometimes, very rarely when I say something in my VOID mic I can hear myself in the headset with a little delay. Even though the sidetone and listen to this device is disabled. I wasn't sure what to make of this until you mentioned reverb and that seems like a decent explanation

I just checked with the systems in the lab and I can't reproduce this with Shadowplay. I had the guys try to hear it as well in case maybe its a sound I can't hear, but nothing. I'll keep an eye out though.

Damn it. I wish there was a way to show you how it is on my system. Other people had this problem too so I'm surely not the only one. I'm at a loss why is this happening

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling CUE. It got rid of the hissing sound only to be swapped by some very high ultra sound. It was much more annoying than just hissing so I had to use system restore to go back to the point where I still had my previous CUE installation intact. Hissing returned

Archived